Notary Rotary
Win file or mp3 file question?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by jac_il on 10/20/05 11:08pm
Msg #71603

Does anyone know how to make a voice mail into a windows file so I can play it as a wave ( I think that is what it is called) or maybe even make it into a MP3 file I could put in my siggy so when someone presses it plays it? Was was left a very funny message today and would love to share it with by putting it in my siggy. Smiley

Reply by Carrie Goodman on 10/20/05 11:21pm
Msg #71606

Oh yeah, anything good?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/21/05 8:33am
Msg #71660

I heard it. Pretty good stuff. Had me laughing my a$$ off. But I like the story better about the girl who took her friend to the ER and then stole her client address book from her car when she went in. Jac I think I know how to do it. With your blue tooth from your send it to your palm. The newer palms are MP# players. Then also with your blue tooth load it to your desk top. Viola! You have a playable MP3 clip.

Cheers-
A

Reply by SSEmobile on 10/21/05 11:04am
Msg #71704

If your computer, whether Windoze or MAC, has sound capabilities it likely has a small "sound recorder" application, and a microphone input where the speakers plug in. They a really inexpensive, try any grocery store these days to find one, less the $10 everywhere, and that's good enough quality for this use.

In my office, I would connect the microphone and play the voicemail back through my speaker phone recording it digitally to the computer hard drive as a file via the small "Sound Recorder" app.

This allows you to record (usually) a .WAV format file on your Win machine, or a .AU format file on your MAC (I believe). Other more elaborate sound file format capability applications will save the digital recording as MP3, or load the already recorded WAV file and convert it to MP3 format.

Mp3 will always be a smaller file, and better quality.

And yes, I AM the default geek in the office, a rather heavy load to bear sometimes.........

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.