Notary Rotary
Wrong middle initial
Notary Discussion History

Wrong middle initial
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/27/05 11:26pm
Msg #72793

Wrong middle initial

Ok, had a signing this evening. The borrowers middle inital was incorrect on all docs even the DOT. She didn't want to sign. The processor asked an in house AE for IndyMac if it was okay to cross it out, correct it and initial it. AE said yes. So we continued with the signing, borrower corrected everything, initialed it, even on all notarized docs. What do you think will happen? Will this go through?

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 10/27/05 11:30pm
Msg #72795

There should be no problem with the correction.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/27/05 11:31pm
Msg #72796

thanks!

Reply by PJM/MI on 10/28/05 7:03am
Msg #72822

I take it you haven't been doing closings very long? Correcting docs is par for the course. Make sure you check the state & county you are closing in, as that is also an error I am seeing alot of. If that happens, cross out the incorrect, write in the correct and have borrowers initial it. If there are 2 borrowers, both must initial. Another thing to watch for, is docs that state address is in a township. Make sure it states the CITY, as a township only exists on paper. (There aren't zip codes for townships).
I had a set of docs where the hubby's last name was spelled correctly, but wife's was not.. and the same last name. Geez!

Reply by Anonymous on 10/28/05 10:52am
Msg #72860

thank you. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.