Notary Rotary
"Spook" tacular Halloween
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by PJM/MI on 10/30/05 7:33pm
Msg #73143

While out buying my candy for the treat-or-treaters that will grace my porch, I decided to make up little bags of treats to take to my closings tomorrow. And then then idea struck me.. I'm gonna dress up, too! (I have closings scheduled during our trirck-or-treat time).
Heck.. if I can't be here to see the costumes, I'm gonna make my own fun! Smiley
I wonder what the borrowers will think...

Reply by Anonymous on 10/30/05 8:22pm
Msg #73154

What are you going to be?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/30/05 8:45pm
Msg #73156

I wonder too, that's iffy, maybe I'm too conservative, but if it was me, (maybe it's a quarter million refi, I may not think a costume is all that 'cute' not my business or opinion, just a thought

Reply by Anonymous on 10/30/05 11:18pm
Msg #73171

Some will see it as cute and some as unprofessional.

Reply by Mung/CA on 10/30/05 11:59pm
Msg #73173

french maid and you're okay

Reply by Tennessee on 10/31/05 6:58am
Msg #73177

I think it's a terrific idea and...

if your borrowers have children they'll eat it up! However, just like the posters on this board there will be that one or two borrowers that will have negative comments. I think I would error on the side of common sense knowing that this world is diverse and you can't possibly be all things to all people. Maybe you could compromise, make up a cute Halloween treat for your borrowers, should you show up in a mask etc. you may find yourself like our fellow Notary who was facing the business end of a firearm. I truly hate to throw water on your fire but as I said, better to error in favor of your business 'cause not everyone has a sense of humor.

Reply by PJM/MI on 10/31/05 7:44am
Msg #73178

Re: I think it's a terrific idea and...

I'm going as an Indian Princess..no mask. And I did tell ALL of the borrowers I was in costume. All 3 thought it was a great idea! I also sent an email to the title co (all 3 for the same co) and told them what I was doing. The one closing is for a principal of a school, and he was pretty pleased.
I knew there would be some on here that would think it is unprofessional...we're all entitled to our opinions. Smiley

Reply by Tennessee on 10/31/05 7:59am
Msg #73179

A school.....HOW COOL!

Have yourself a FUN day! We all need that now and then...you'll be a smashing hit!!!

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 10/31/05 10:20am
Msg #73200

Re: A school.....HOW COOL!

I'm wearing black pants and blazer with an orange shirt today. If you want to wear a costume, go for it!!! You can have fun and still be professional. Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.