closing on Halloween
Notary Discussion History

closing on Halloween
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by SUE LINDGREN on 10/30/05 8:24pm
Msg #73155

closing on Halloween

I have a closing scheduled for later tomorrow. The borrower called me and asked
if we could do it Tuesday as they have children and "Trick and Treat" plans... I told
them to contact their borrower first thing tomorrow then get back to me...
Wonder what will happen... Docs will be dated 10-31-05...

Reply by DellaCa on 10/30/05 9:47pm
Msg #73163

I have one also at 8 pm I mentioned when I called it was Halloween and we could do it earlier because I heard kids in the back ground. So earlier it will be they were happy cause they were going out with the kids.

Reply by cynthia carter on 10/31/05 8:03am
Msg #73180

Depending on the lender, some docs can be signed after the date posted, but I agree with the other reply. Call and see if you can change the time. As long as your employer does not mind. You have to have the docs signed by midnight in most cases. You can always close after trick or treating as it ends around 8 in most places or close early.

I have even closed in 2 different places. I close with the primary borrower and then go to where the co-borroer is and sign again.

Good luck

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 10/31/05 10:11am
Msg #73199

Question for Cynthia

Cynthia, when you had the co-borrower sign, did you have to notarize their signature separately as well - for those docs needing a notarization of course? I have never had to take docs to a second location to conclude the signing and was wondering how that worked. Thanks.

Reply by Art_MD on 10/31/05 10:27am
Msg #73201

Re: Question for Cynthia re split signing - same day

Real good question !!!
If the county where the 2nd person signed is different there is no question -- a seperate certificate must be used for the 2nd signer.
If they are in the same county, I don't see why you can't use one notarization. If this were the case, I would not stamp the document until I had the 2nd signature, then I could notarize it.
JMHO, would like to hear from others myself.

Art

Reply by Roger Rill on 10/31/05 12:34pm
Msg #73228

Correct, Art!

I just did one of those today, a HELOC where I signed both borrowers (one was a non-obligor) at their separate workplaces. One notarization within the same venue county.

Reply by Tennessee on 10/31/05 1:01pm
Msg #73235

perfect timing

Had the same situation today, great timing!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.