Notary Rotary
fax machines
Notary Discussion History

fax machines
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/10/05 6:44pm
Msg #69787

fax machines

Hi everyone. I am in CA and am just beginning to sign up with some notary signing companies. I just have a quick question for everyone...when you started did you need a fax machine right away? I should get one in the next couple of weeks but I am afraid if I sign up and they need to fax me something, I won't be able to accomodate.

Also, when you began your notary loan signing businesses, did you have a lot of experience with loan docs? I do not have experience with them. I bought the book "How to become a widly successful loan signing agent" and have read and re-read it, studying the docs. Just curious...

Thank you for your input! I'm hoping this could possibly become a lucrative business for me so that I may stay home with my children.

Reply by Rebecca Ricketts on 10/10/05 7:08pm
Msg #69793

Yes, you need a fax. Almost all of the signing services you start with require something to be faxed back to them. If you are wanting to stay home with your children, this may not be the business for you, especially if your children are school age. It has been my experience that to make good money at this, you have to be available 24/7, and a large percentage of my signings are in the evening. It may be different in CA. I'm sure someone there will let you know. Good luck!!

Reply by Anonymous on 10/10/05 7:46pm
Msg #69797

Thank you for your response. I hope that most of my signings will be in the evening. I have young kids and my husband would be able to watch them at night so that would work out perfectly.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/10/05 8:21pm
Msg #69804

Sign up with Maxemail - www.maxemail.com The lite version is only about $15 a year.
I use that for all my incoming faxes - they come to my e-mail box.
You can get an inexpensive fax machine to use for outgoing faxes.

Reply by SignerCA on 10/10/05 8:20pm
Msg #69803

That's exactly waht I do...

Stay home with my three kids in the a.m. and do signings at night and on weekends. It works really well and in two years when they are all in school I can start doing signings during the day.

Reply by LisaV_MN on 10/10/05 8:58pm
Msg #69806

I use k7.net It is a free service for receiving faxes and/or voicemail. I only use it for the faxes. It is free. This sends the faxes right into my email too. I have another means for sending faxes.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 10/10/05 9:39pm
Msg #69807

LisaV_MN

lol just signed up for this service and what are the odds! My number contains 666 lol...Is this usual?

Reply by Marla_FL on 10/11/05 7:19am
Msg #69832

Giselle

I too have that number in my notary commission id & in my account number for my website. What are you going to do? I just tell my self that it is ??1666- sixteen, sixty-six and 5665?? fifty-six, sixty five. It works for me. I refuse to accept any other explanation. Smiley

Reply by Giselle_CA on 10/11/05 11:45am
Msg #69877

Giselle Marla_FL I just find that too funny n/m

Thanks for the reply. Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.