Notary Rotary
not so busy
Notary Discussion History

not so busy
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by BLE/MD on 10/24/05 11:04am
Msg #72039

not so busy

Last week I was pretty steady all week and now the only thing for this week, so far, is 1 today and 1 tomorrow. I hope the phone starts ringing!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 10/24/05 11:34am
Msg #72040

Same here, I only have one so far this week for Countrywide. But is's only Monday, hopefully it will pickup.

Reply by BLE/MD on 10/24/05 12:08pm
Msg #72047

Funny, Countrywide must be the only loan this week! The 2 I have are both Countrywide loans!

Reply by Art_MD on 10/24/05 12:32pm
Msg #72051

FYI - not only countrywide.
2 - country wide
2 - Citi
1 - Tenn bank
1 - Equity one
1 - Novelle lending

Art

Reply by Anonymous on 10/24/05 12:58pm
Msg #72055

Re: not so busy & Countrywide

I have tried and tried to get signed up with Countrywide and can not get anyone to respond. I am a premier member so I have their email address. How do you get business with them? Thanks!!

Reply by BLE/MD on 10/24/05 1:36pm
Msg #72063

Re: not so busy...Art

Art, are you the reason I'm not so busy today? Smiley

Reply by Art_MD on 10/24/05 2:01pm
Msg #72066

Re: not so busy BLE/MD

2 today - both in pasadena.. Art

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/24/05 3:40pm
Msg #72075

Re: not so busy BLE/MD

What's with that name "Pasadena?" There's one in Calif....MD...and of course, the most FAMOUS - Home of the late great country western bar Gilley's and the Urban Cowboy...Pasadena, Texas.

I just realized...I can't remember if I ever went to Gilley's or not. I think maybe I did, but I am not a big CW fan and I did like to drink teguila shots once upon a time...so I guess that's why I cannot remember. It was the purple haze, I'll bet.

Reply by LilyMD on 10/24/05 3:59pm
Msg #72077

Re: not so busy Brenda

I used to live in Houston...in 1981! The height of the Urban Cowboy era. Not only did I hang out regularly at Gilley's, I can proudly say I've ridden Bubba the bull! Still have the t-shirt. Wow, does that bring back memories! I was all of 19.

Reply by Art_MD on 10/25/05 12:23pm
Msg #72204

Re: Gilley's .. memories

Lived in houston in '75. Worked in channelview and pasadena - shell, arco refineries. Remember first time I went into gilley's after the night shift (7:00AM - 500 people and it looked empty!!!.

Art

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/26/05 2:08am
Msg #72357

Re: Gilley's .. memories

I lived about 50 miles from Gilley's. And, my sister advises that yes indeedy we did go...and if it was like any other trip we made to a honky-tonk it was only after each of us put on a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans (heavy starch) so tight that we took turns lying down on the bed to zip them up. And, of course we had to use a piece of wire to grip the zipper tongue or there was no way to zip them without breaking a fingernail or two.

No ensemble fit for a night at Gilley's would be complete without red fingernail polish, plenty of jewelry, big hair--sometimes with too much "frosting," lots of hairspray and $3.79 worth of eyeshadow and mascara. A cowgirl would certainly have her name on her western belt...and if you were lucky, you could afford an oval belt buckle of solid silver which would bear a delicately engraved little something like "#1 Bit_h."

Put on your cowgirl boots, do your best to fit a few 20's, a driver's license and a tube of lipstick into a pocket of those 99% full designer jeans--just pray you'd have room for the truck key upon parking to go in.

All that having been accomplished it was time to go and even the girls in Texas often drove a four-wheel drive something that you naturally had to climb up into because it was two feet up off the ground. (I had a blue and white 4WD Blazer). Entering the vehicle and driving it with those restrictive clothes on required practice and technique. And, no slumping or that hateful (but pretty) little belt buckle would cut into your stomach and make sure you were the #1 Bit_h it advertised you to be.

Oh yes...I grew up around the chemical plants of the Texas Gulf Coast. I lived there until I was 40. Somewhere in those years of living around shift-workers, growing up on the salary my dad earned as a shift-worker, then marrying one...I admit, once or twice I drank a Lone Star beer at 7 am. I'd be hard pressed to drink a full one now at 7 pm, or to put on any kind of clothes that hurt or to put that much time into putting on make up...but I am glad I did it back then. I didn't miss much foolishness if it was within reach.

Yes, Art...we should all do the Cotton-eyed Joe, chug a full beer, then have a moment of silence for the late, great dancehall known as Gilley's.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.