Notary Rotary
notarez.com
Notary Discussion History

notarez.com
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by pan/nd on 10/6/05 11:28pm
Msg #69260

notarez.com

I took a signing from Notarez.com out of Long Beach, Ca. Area code 949)

I tried the search feature here and on GMN and nothing came up.

Anybody know anything about them?

Are they a "pay 'ya"..."stiff 'ya" or "hound 'em till they pay 'ya" outfit?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/6/05 11:49pm
Msg #69261

Long Beach is not the 949 area

Long Beach area code is both 310 or 562
not that this is a big deal, but may mean the number you were given is a cell phone

Reply by Teddog_CO on 10/7/05 7:13am
Msg #69275

Pan_ND
I looked at their website. They don't give their physical address which makes me wonder! This is the first time I've ever heard of them(Sorry) I would sure call them and get a physical address and ask how long they've been in business and how they got your info. Call me Careful! I've been burned so I want to know who I'm doing business with. No real reason you should waste your time and gas for a no pay (if this is the case) You should try and learn a little more about them. I'm just a country person, but I learned REAL quick to check up on the people you work for. This reflects my own opinion.
Best to Pan
Teddog_CO

Reply by Anonymous on 10/7/05 2:08pm
Msg #69383

Actually....area code 949 is for the southern part of Orange County.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/7/05 7:47am
Msg #69277

Re: notarez.com - I wonder....

Probably not, them, but the "...z.com" part reminds me of signingz.com.

Reply by Teddog_CO on 10/7/05 7:51am
Msg #69278

Now that you mention it!! I wonder??

Teddog_CO

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/7/05 9:21am
Msg #69288

No, I don't think so. Why? You ask.

Signingz.com is owned by Jack McRoberts of Costa Mesa, CA (according to Whois).
Notarez.com is owned by an unknown, but lists Rustan Laine as a technical contact in Huntington Beach, CA (again, according to Whois).

I don't know the physical relationship of Costa Mesa and Huntington Beach, but I would bet that since Jack was open with the registration of the Signingz site and the owner of Notarez is not (not a derogatory comment), that they have different owners.

Disclaimer: I may be wrong. G-d knows I've been wrong before and I'm sure I will be wrong again, sometime in the future.

Reply by Marie_MN on 10/7/05 9:36am
Msg #69292

This company is owned by the former owner of Signingz.com. I did one signing for Paul (I think that was his name) and he told me he sold Signingz.com and started this company. They are having a little trouble getting payments straight, but I am confident they will straighten it out.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/7/05 9:46am
Msg #69295

Wow. That's good to know. I had no problem with Paul @ SigningZ. So I hope he makes it.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/7/05 10:37am
Msg #69301

Re: notarez.com - I wonder....Hooray!

Paul 1,958,123
Brenda 1

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/7/05 11:01am
Msg #69307

Re: notarez.com - I wonder....Hooray!

This must be a count of CORRECT responses! Smiley I know I've exceed lots more incorrect responses than that!!

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/7/05 10:44am
Msg #69305

Hmmm, strikes me as a little suspicious and strange to get rid of one business, only to open shop again under a different name a couple of months later, especially when he made such a big to-do on this board about closing it because he couldn't keep his promise to pay within 2 days and was going to go to Mexico to write a book or some such nonsense.

I also don't understand why he would be having payment problems with the new company, he should already know how to make sure all of his notaries get paid in a timely manner, especially after all the boasting he did on this board about that very thing.

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/7/05 10:33am
Msg #69300

Here is an e-mail I got from Paul last month. I haven't worked for him since the new company startup:
Respected notaries,

First American is paying notaries directly, due to internal process change. Normally, we would pay you and we are meeting with them to straighten out the details so that we can take over payment to you.

Notarez.com terms are net 30.

ALL notary information has been given to First American and we have followed through to make sure they have it. I was told that they are cutting checks within this next week or two. We are very sorry for the delay. This only affects signings done in July and August. Any signings performed after September 10th, 2005 will be paid according to our terms.

Please do not contact The Escrow Officers or the lenders, they are not part of this process and so contacting them will probably not serve you well. This is occurring at the corporate offices. We have verified that they have your information. Please do not invoice them, it will only confuse the issue and cause further delay.

I would like to apologize to you, personally, for the delay, it was unforeseen and not our typical practice. From what I understand, First Am is undergoing a large scale process change and this seems to be a symptom of that.

Rest assured you will be paid. It is only delayed due to new process, and we are trying to make sure that you get paid within the next two weeks. ALL PAYMENT FOR SIGININGS IN SEPTEMBER ARE ON SCHEDULE, and you will receive your payment according to terms. ONLY JULY AND AUGUST ARE AFFECTED.

We apologize for the delay, and as always, appreciate your hard work.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Paul Klees

Director of Operations

5318 East 2nd Street, Suite 694, Long Beach, CA 90803

949-200-7384, 949-200-7016 fax

http://www.notarez.com

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/7/05 10:39am
Msg #69302

Re: notarez.com- thanks C-Co...

Every now and then "female intuition" is worth something!

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/7/05 11:24am
Msg #69314

Brenda,
it was your original post that got me to remembering past e-mails. I remember when I got the e-mail, I thought, *who in the blazes is this ??? and why am I getting the e-mail because I haven't done any of the related signings.* My first instinct was to just blow it away without even reading it, but for some reason I did finish reading and stored the information in my head thinking that sooner or later it would come in handy.

Reply by Linda Cordero on 10/25/05 9:34pm
Msg #72322

I've got an outstanding balance from August with Notarez and get a lot of chatter in lieu of payment. I'm preparing a collection lawsuit against this company .. anyone else have similar problems?
[e-mail address]

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.