Notary Rotary
notary journal question
Notary Discussion History

notary journal question
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/11/05 1:11pm
Msg #69888

notary journal question

I am just getting into the notary signing agent field. I purchased my journal, however it does not have the boxes to check what documents were signed. So, do I have the borrower(s) sign my journal up to possibly 10 times for every doc they sign? Or can I have them sign it once and then just do " " (ditto) on down the journal?

Reply by Premier Signing Services on 10/11/05 1:32pm
Msg #69894

There is no need to have them sign over and over. You can make a note of all of the documents that you have them sign in one entry instead of seperate entries for each.

Reply by B__CA on 10/11/05 5:08pm
Msg #69936

Check with SOS or state Handbook.

You don't say waht state you are from, call your SOS and get advise from them or check your state handbook. I have the borroower sign each time for each document. I use Notary Rotary journal, but I just use one entry for each document, I just feel it meets my states requirements doing it this way.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.