Notary Rotary
this is the downside...
Notary Discussion History

this is the downside...
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/20/05 11:43pm
Msg #71608

this is the downside...

...when you go to a signing and the borrower doesn't like the numbers because they have changed so much from what they were told a few hours before, so they call the lender who is rude to them, and that makes up their mind that they won't sign, so you call the signing company who is more than willing to get to the bottom of things in the morning, and then the lender calls you and tries to say you told the borrower not to sign, and doesnt hear a word you are saying, and then has someone else in their office call you up and tell you that yopu are f___ing incompetent, and a 1/2 hour later calls you back and says you should have gotten your head out of your a__ and called them when the borrower didn't sign, and then has the nerve to tell you that you should find a different line of work. I do believe that these people should find themselves a different line of work and now I think the borrower was right when they made a comment about the lender trying to pull a fast one. The borrowers were very nice people by the way

Reply by 1stopnotary on 10/21/05 7:00am
Msg #71645

I've had that happen to me...the SS and/or the title company managed to find a way to twist words that were said and put words in your mouth that you didn't say. I even confirmed with the borrower exactly what was said since it was said in their presence. So I would not be serprise if there are lenders/TC who would come up with that crap!!!

Some people who work in this field are really not "people" people...they just can't work with people and they shouldn't...especially if their customer service is a down thumb. Management needs to work on customer service w/ their employee's for borrower's and notaries...or whomever they are in contact with.

hope that made some kind of sense! <wink>

however...there are many out there who are perfect examples of customers services and just pure angels and very pleasant to work with!!! I applaud them and give them 5 thumbs up! (ok...maybe more!)

Reply by LawrenceOK on 10/21/05 9:23am
Msg #71672

If a borrower refuses to sign for any reason, I have them write out the reasons they refused to sign. This letter is copied when get back to the office and faxed to all parties involed. This way they CAN'T come back on me for the loan not closing.

Reply by CrystalT_FL on 10/21/05 9:32am
Msg #71679

see message # 66327. Since I started doing this, I dont get these kinds of calls anymore ;-))

The beauty of it is that the borrower can add comments in their own handwriting too, and everyone can see who kept copies of it.

http://www.parkwaynotary.com/signingreport.pdf
http://www.parkwaynotary.com/signingreport.doc

Reply by 1stopnotary on 10/21/05 12:11pm
Msg #71718

Crystal...I liked what you did on the signing report...but i noticed on the bottom they are in "colors" do you have this professionally done as carbon copies in color?

Advise,
Dee

Reply by CrystalT_FL on 10/21/05 2:09pm
Msg #71750

I get blank carbonless stock from lowers.com and run it thru my laser printer. Dont even bother to "pad" it, just line em up before filling in.

That way I can run just a few off as needed, and if I want to make changes Im not throwing away a bunch

Like I said, funny how I don't get complaints from anyone anymore ;-))

Reply by Bonnie_FL on 10/21/05 12:18pm
Msg #71723

Re: this is the downside... to Crystal

Crystal..I love your doc! Wonderful idea. Beats the little stickies from me or the borrower or the typed notes I send in w/the loan package.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 10/21/05 12:23pm
Msg #71725

Crystal, I can surely use those. Thanks for the idea!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.