Notary Rotary
which printer do I buy?
Notary Discussion History

which printer do I buy?
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/27/05 9:29pm
Msg #72764

which printer do I buy?

I am a new notary. Sorry about the anonymous. How do I change that? But I need a printer that will print a whole loan package with the letter and legal-sized docs. I'm not sure about Brother. I do have an older Hp that I like. But it only has 1 paper tray.
Thanks for your help!
Dawn in CA

Reply by NotaryWV on 10/27/05 10:08pm
Msg #72778

I'm also new and have been using the HP 3015. It is a fax machine, printer, scanner and copier all in one. It does not have a second tray, but prints both letter and legal size paper. The price was about $299.00. It's working well for me so far. Good luck!

Reply by karen jefferson on 10/27/05 10:12pm
Msg #72780

I bought a brother 5051DLT and love it, it was 178.00 Open box and i just hit the print button and it prints both letter and legal from both trays. no sorting necessary.

Reply by FastCA on 10/28/05 1:22am
Msg #72807

HP 1320 TN-
This has two trays letter/legal and by/pass for single sheets and envelopes. T stands for (two) and N for (network). I also have a HP 3330 all in one.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/28/05 8:04am
Msg #72835

where did you buy the printer, i went to best buy also staples, and could not find it . if you dont mind me asking.thanks.

Smiley

Reply by Dawn/CA on 10/28/05 3:30pm
Msg #72912

I just found the Brother and Hp online at www.staples.com. They have $100 rebate on the HP1320TN right now. Bye

Reply by Anonymous on 10/30/05 8:20pm
Msg #73152

Make sure you get a printer emulates PCL. Cheaper Brother printers while fast, do not have PCL. If you can wait a week or two, most of the printers cycle on sale at Officemax, OfficeDepot and Staples, if you find one on sale, bring in the add to a competitor and they will price match so you can get a little more off. I like shopping at Officemax and taking out the extended warranty, if it breaks for any reason you can just take it back which is cheaper than boxing and shipping it back to the manufacturer in almost all cases. Be sure to check at www.tonerkits.com that cheap refill toner is available for the pritner you want. That savings alone can pay for the printer. I like printers that print north of 15pages a minute. Remember edocs are frequently late, so you need a fast printer to save you time.

good luck.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/30/05 8:20pm
Msg #73153

Make sure you get a printer emulates PCL. Cheaper Brother printers while fast, do not have PCL. If you can wait a week or two, most of the printers cycle on sale at Officemax, OfficeDepot and Staples, if you find one on sale, bring in the add to a competitor and they will price match so you can get a little more off. I like shopping at Officemax and taking out the extended warranty, if it breaks for any reason you can just take it back which is cheaper than boxing and shipping it back to the manufacturer in almost all cases. Be sure to check at www.tonerkits.com that cheap refill toner is available for the pritner you want. That savings alone can pay for the printer. I like printers that print north of 15pages a minute. Remember edocs are frequently late, so you need a fast printer to save you time.

good luck.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.