Notary Rotary
2 questions, can anyone answer?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/13/05 4:14pm
Msg #64985

1st question: does anyone have any suggestions on effective ways to market to title and escrow companies? i am a full time notary in california and have done well in the last year. however, the large portion of work comes from signing companies and occasionally i get a call from a title company when it is on a last minute basis. i have tried post cards, flyers, emails and things of that sort. anyother suggestions? it seems like the signing companies are the only ones to get the direct business. it that what we are leaning towards?

2nd question: has this month of september been slow for everyone?

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/13/05 4:31pm
Msg #64987

2nd question first; it has not been slow for me, but then SLOW is a relative term. Secondly, if you read some of the past posts here, you will find that, unless you have done a great many signings as a Notary Signing Agent, you should not attempt to market to title companies. They are VERY unforgiving and, IF you screw up, you might as well forget any future business. I am relatively gnu (sic) as a signing agent, but I was a previous Loan Officer which gives me a better understanding of WHAT I need to notarize and WHY. (you stated you were a full time notary, therefore I assume that you have no experience as a Signing Agent). Hope this helps, I'm sure some of the other posters on this board will help you out further. Stuart Las Vegas NV

Reply by Anonymous on 9/13/05 4:51pm
Msg #64991

stuart,
i have completed 1000+ closings in the past year and a half. i am quiet experienced and have a great understanding of how the closing process works as well. i have not had any errors in closing a loan. my monthly income has been outstanding. i was just asking other notaries if the start of sept. has been slower for anyone. i found that it has been a tad bit slower than it has been all summer. i was just wondering if it was a seasonal thing. i know the real estate market has slowed.
are you currently marketing to title companies? would you mind sharing a bit of info, since you are a former loan officer? if you do not want to post on this message board you can email me.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/13/05 5:36pm
Msg #64993

Re: kind of hard to e-mail an anonymous person. nm

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/13/05 9:13pm
Msg #65033

Re: 2 questions - comment

Anonymous,

I am really trying to stay out of trouble these days and I hope you'll not get mad at me for asking...but, the question is sitting on top of my monitor whistling and clapping its hands to be asked: Do you use correct capitalization, punctuation, abbreviations and form when you write your materials for communicating?

You seem to spell very well, but if you are attempting to solicit people in the title business, it would be good if you got into the habit of writing in business form, it will pay off.

Reply by ILNot on 9/13/05 4:43pm
Msg #64990

I brought in lunch...

Last week I brought lunch into a title company that I have done a lot of work for. I had never met these people face to face so I thought bringing lunch in, instead of sending lunch over would be a good idea. It was well worth the time, money and effort. They were very grateful.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/13/05 4:53pm
Msg #64992

Re: I brought in lunch...

that was very thoughtfull. what about title companies that you have never worked for? do you have any suggestions on how to market to them?

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/13/05 6:15pm
Msg #65000

A good resume...

and a couple of biz cards works for me. If you want to see mine just e-mail me and I'll send you a copy

Reply by Nd_WA on 9/14/05 6:01am
Msg #65072

Re: A good resume...

along with what your service has to offer. I haven't done mine but pretty much have a layout of what I wanted to present. I know for sure it will be a tri-fold style on glossy paper b/c I have a loaded HP-4550N color laserjet I got along with the HP-8100N from the state surplus for $145 total.

If you are sending thank you goodies to a regular client, don't forget to include an update of what's new or added service (pave way to higher fee).

Reply by Les_CO on 9/13/05 7:29pm
Msg #65022

Re: I brought in lunch...

Very good idea! A great way to say THANKS!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.