Notary Rotary
3rd time to same borrower fees
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/28/05 1:02pm
Msg #67820

Alright, I need some help. The first 2 trips to the borrower there were problems not caused by anything I did. My original fee was set, the second time out my fee included a first time document printing fee. Now for the third time out is it fair to ask for the second document printing fee as well as the first and an extra amount for the time spent with borrowers (a total of 1 hour and 45 minutes total both trips a trip fee)?

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/28/05 1:15pm
Msg #67823

the first time, if you did the signing, that's a full fee including e-doc charge
the second time out, if you signed, that's a full fee including e-docs
the third time out, full also including e-docs.
It's just like doing three different signings, if there was no fault of yours.

If they didn't sign anything, you should charge trip fees, but it looks by the time you spent that they did sign...just out of curiosity, why all the trips back?

your time spent with borrowers is included in your fee.

imo

Reply by Anonymous on 9/28/05 1:21pm
Msg #67825

the first time the borrower did not have sufficient I.D. to sign
the second time the borrower could not reach the loan officer or anyone else at the office to answer questions about the loan they signed half of the documents and refused to sign the rest.

Thanks for the input I really appreciate it.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/28/05 1:24pm
Msg #67827

ok then that's a trip fee + e-doc fee, a full fee including e-docs (if you re-printed)
and full fee including edocs if re-printed.
Hope that makes sense

Reply by Anonymous on 9/28/05 1:46pm
Msg #67832

Well I broke it down that way because that is also what I thoght but I am still waiting to hear back from them. Hmmmm well I guess all I can do is wait to see what they say.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/28/05 1:56pm
Msg #67834

I am so relieved I received the confirmation for the amount

I submitted.
Thank you soooooo much for the input. It just sounded like quite a bit to ask for after adding it all up. It was nice to get the reassurance that I wasn't out of line with the total amount of my fees.

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/28/05 1:59pm
Msg #67835

Re: I am so relieved I received the confirmation for the amount

I had a similar situation, and I'm expecting a hassle when it gets right down to it. I know that even though I spelled it all out on my invoice, I'll get a check for a lower amount. After calling a few times, they'll probably "ante up", but I'm not sure.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/28/05 2:08pm
Msg #67838

Re: I am so relieved I received the confirmation for the amount

Cool! where do I send my invoice for finder's fee?

lol j/k...good for you!

Ok, I'm outta here, got to get out

Reply by Anonymous on 9/28/05 3:02pm
Msg #67848

Have a great afternoon!!!

Reply by NorCalDar on 9/28/05 4:48pm
Msg #67868

Bottom line is what it is

When I first went into business for myself I lost a lot of sleep over worrying about not hosing my customers. I have since learned that it is not an emotional decision. It's a business transaction. As such, when I invoice for a job, I charge a reasonable fee for the service I provide (reasonable is defined as what makes sense to stay within the confines of my business plan). If the total I plan to quote seems large, I might go back and check to see that I didn't make a mistake with the math, but other than that, I invoice what the bottom line shows.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.