Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
About the journal and it's entries......
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/12/05 7:13pm
Msg #64843

I am fairly new to the notary and notary signing business and am a California notary. I just bought the new modern journal from notary rotary and was trying to figure out how I could start it since I have a pre-existing newly started journal.

Is it possible to change journals without having to finish the first one?

Also, it was to my understanding that in the California journals, when doing loan doc entries, all information must be handwritten in and no " " or lines through could be used because in the event that an item would need to be photocopied from the journal the information could not contain " " or lines through. Does someone know the answers? Thank you.

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/12/05 9:01pm
Msg #64856

No. No. No. Please read your state handbook. You must not keep any more than one active Journal of Notarial Acts at any time.

Page 7 of the CA state handbook states,

"A notary public is required to keep one active sequential journal at
a time of all acts performed as a notary public.

Please do not allow your over zealousness to use a great journal make you think of the possibility of breaking the notary law.

Reply by brasring on 9/12/05 10:03pm
Msg #64875

I know not to use more than one journal at a time....... what I was asking was how to discontinue use of the current journal to use the more efficient one. This apparently is possible if the first journal is lined out and a notation is made to the reason for the switch.

I am not a law breaking person and have reviewed the California laws. Thank you.

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/13/05 7:27am
Msg #64904

I understood your message perfectly. Just complete the journal that is presently active, then move on to the next journal.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/12/05 9:19pm
Msg #64859

It is possible to discontinue using the first journal....NM

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 9/12/05 9:48pm
Msg #64868

Re: It is possible to discontinue using the first journal....NM

Just write on the first journal something like: Journal entries ended 9/12/2005. This 1st Journal can never be used again.
You can then begin using the new Journal you bought from Notaryrotay.com. This Journal was okayed by our Sec. of State so don't hesitate to use it.

Reply by brasring on 9/12/05 10:00pm
Msg #64874

Thank you, I do know better than to use more than one journal at a time but I had heard that it was possible to line out the remaining lines in the current journal and then make the notation as to "this journal is being discontinued in order to use a more efficient newer modern notary journal". Thanks again.

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/13/05 11:48pm
Msg #65050

I discontinued using my first journal when I got married. Of course, CT doesn't require journals, but the practice should be the same.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/13/05 8:24am
Msg #64913

yes, you can discontinue your current journal and switch to a new one. Just line through and write last date and reason, I did this three weeks ago, after receiving the mojo.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.