Notary Rotary
Ameriquest does not give out their FedEx account number
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Charles_CA on 9/6/05 8:58pm
Msg #63915

any more and SSs fail to let one in on that little tidbit. Ameriquest told me that the SS was supposet do have told me that the FedEx bill was my responsibility. I don't have a particular problem with Ameriquest on this since giving out their account number does lend itself to possible abuse and with the experieneces I have recently had with some new notaries that abuse could be a real possiblity. I just wanted to give a heads up to all notaries doing Ameriquest loan packages that they had better include overnight charges in their quotes because it seems that some SSs won't tell you in advance.

Best regards
Charles

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/6/05 9:08pm
Msg #63917

Either follow your suggestion or send it billed to the recipient, or the third party, title company. I believe if notaries begin the process of taking on the expense of the shipping, it will open another Pandora's Box where the contents will be finacially dangerous to us.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/6/05 9:16pm
Msg #63920

No pandora's box, just taking some initiative

I've made no effort to conceal my opinion that Signing Services are superfluos to this process. I understand that there is a convenience to the Title company. There is always a risk of giving out one's account numbers to people you don't know because in any community there will be a certain percentage who will abuse the knowledge. If SA's take it upon themselves to make sure that the docs get back to the requisite address and charge it I see not problem. I Believe that SSs just assume themselves to be a whole lot more than they really need to be or sould be and one of the ways of doing that is by usurping responsibilities. I for one would rather open Pandora's box and see what dangers there are lurking in it than to let someonel else look in it for me to ostensibly shield me from the dangers. My money, my dangers, my pandora's box, ultimately my business and my responsiblity, they all go hand in hand I suspect the motives of anyone who tries to shield me from the dangers of the business world because they usually do it for pecuniary reasons.

Reply by DonR_NYC on 9/6/05 9:28pm
Msg #63923

I would NEVER pay to have the docs return. Our expenses are high enough and it is NOT our responsibility to pay for the lender's/title companies return docs. Remember the HUD usually shows a couier fee that is charged to the borrowers already.

What I would do is place the address of whomever is receiving the docs in the FROM and TO sections, check off Bill receiptant and drop the package in the drop box.

Paying for the lender is another cut into our profit margin and of course Ameriquest is the one. I have had nothing but problems from them and I don't do their loans anymore (just like DiTech). I have better clients that very rarely do I have a problem with.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/6/05 9:54pm
Msg #63931

No argument there Don

I did not mean to indicate that I expected to pay the charge. However I am (and have been for a long time) in a personal service industry and if they want me to handle the transaction with the courier I'll do it but for a fee of course. I was just giving a heads up regarding Ameriquest and the need to charge an additional fee for the courier. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Reply by DogmongerCA on 9/6/05 11:32pm
Msg #63941

I agree with Don

and what pray tell happens to the courier fee when a borrower rescinds, which does happen quite often on Ameriquest, and their is no courier fee to be paid on disbursement. Good luck trying to collect. JMHO, stated matter of factly without malice:-)

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/7/05 12:24am
Msg #63944

Re: I agree with Don

Me too! And I bet that's why they've instituted that policy.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/7/05 1:20am
Msg #63947

Re: No argument there Don

"I did not mean to indicate that I expected to pay the charge"

"I was just giving a heads up regarding Ameriquest and the need to charge an additional fee for the courier."

OK, I have no idea what you're telling us here. If you're charging and additonal fee for the courier, doesn't that mean you're paying the charge in the first place?

There's no reason to pay the charge, there's no reason to charge an additional fee for the courier. Just do what was mentioned earlier - put their address in both the "to" and "from" field, leave the account number blank, and drop it in the box. Let them sort it out with Fed Ex if they're going to pull that crap with you.

Reply by SusanOH on 9/7/05 3:21pm
Msg #64063

Putting the name on both the sender and receiver does not work if you have an account with fedex or UPS, they'll just bill your account.I have found that out. And I have an account to order supplies and to have the docs picked up at my house instead of running all over hell's half acre looking for drop boxes. Alot more convienent at least for me.

Reply by Terri_CA on 9/9/05 3:16pm
Msg #64424

Susan

Don't use the online FedEx Manager, use the manual AWB that way they don't have an account number to bill other than what's printed on the manual airbill.

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Reply by Gavin on 9/6/05 10:19pm
Msg #63937

I totally agree. Especially when they could email one of the prepinted fedex or ups forms with their account number hidden in the bar code. Just another way of them trying to get us to have less of a fee.

Reply by Desiree Roman Innovations, Inc. on 9/7/05 1:16am
Msg #63946

I agree with Don as well - it's not something I would want to get into the habit of doing, although I did, once, during an emergency situation, pay for the Fedex cost and billed a flat fee to the TC. It was a very late night closing and borrower was traveling thru town, heading out of the country for a month. The broker actually contacted me and promised to pay me whatever I wanted, and they didn't have the TC Fedex info, and asked me to pay for it. I was extremely reluctant, but was assured I would be paid promptly. Since I didn't have any idea what it would cost, I over estimated, and the TC paid my fee and shipping charge, and did so within a week! I wish all other companies were as diligent and honest. It was risky, and I was lucky. As for Ameriquest, if you have done closings for them in the past, you should have the Fedex info from when they DID provide that information to the SS. Since I retain copies of my confirmations as proof of work done, those usually contain the Fedex account numbers. I would just use one of those and put Ameriquest's info in the to/from sections of the shipping form, and reference the loan number so that if Ameriquest needs to adjust the expense in their books, it's easy for them to know where to move it. End of problem.

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/7/05 1:39am
Msg #63950

Good Thinking. This would make it much easier.

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/7/05 1:38am
Msg #63949

Speaking the same Lingo

It looks as though two of us are saying the same thing in a different way, but the bottom line is the same. I'm glad to learn that others (like myself) do not want to take on the problem of trying to collect for the courier fee. I shutter to think of the FedEx bill at the end of the month.

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/7/05 2:48am
Msg #63954

Charles...

I'll bet you think twice before speaking fool talk about heresy again. Smiley

In the case of AQ, if I got burned for a $25 Fedex fee on a rescission, well...hopefully it would not bankrupt me, and that would be the last time it happened.

But, if it was a good client I'd play ball with them until I got burned.

This will all be a moot point as I predict this AQ policy won't last.

Some burly hairy-armed cowgirl from Bellville, Texas will get a set of docs ready to go and she'll ask for the FEDEX number. When she doesn't get it, she'll hold the docs hostage and by the time they get them back, they'll need to burn them. God only knows what will happen to those pages when Large Marge has them with her for a week or so while she goes around slopping hogs and skinning possums. AQ will learn their lesson.

Some will protest they have no FEDEX number, no credit card, and no cash until THE AQ CHECK COMES IN THE MAIL.

Now, I am not saying that is right, but mark my words...it's gonna happen repeatedly. AQ will come up with some other way to cut their costs.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/7/05 9:24am
Msg #63974

You got that right Brenda!!!!!

I guess today was a less than illustrius day. Sometimes I feel like I amtalking with a mouth full of cotton for all of the understanding I get. Anyway as usual there are some good points made by the others even though I still feel that this is a personal services business and if I choose towork for someone and they want me to pay the courier service then I will pay the courier service for a fee which include the price of the courier service.

Anyway, Brenda, it's been a while since I have visited your website. I think your data mining business idea is pure genius. I knew you were up to something when you were not quite as present here on the boards for a while. I wish your new venture the very best: I'll surely drive traffic to it every chance I get.

Best regards
Charles

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/7/05 9:55am
Msg #63985

Re: Ameriquest

Just curious...when some of you say you will never work for Ameriquest again...are you up front about that when they call to offer you an assignment? I have a voicemail from AQ asking me to do a closing. I never worked for them before and haven't returned the phone call yet. They probably already found someone else to do the closing, but I just wondered if you say you're already booked or if you tell them that their reputation prevents you from taking the assignment.

Thanks!

Reply by TLR_KY on 9/7/05 10:07am
Msg #63989

Charles......

I understood the original post even with the cotton in your mouth. Business is business and if you raise your price for the added service it all works out in the end. We have done a lot of AQ and have yet to have this mentioned but would follow your suit. Thanks for the heads up.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/7/05 12:36pm
Msg #64009

Re: Charles..Work is Work y nada mas!

I agree, I don't care if its Ameriquest or any of the other mass lenders. If they meet my requirements for a contract I work for them. I had a chat with the signing service this moroning regarding this and they usually pay well. They said that they get a lot of business from Ameriquest and that the Denver office is new and they are the ones with the policy not to give out their FedEx account number. I've been comfortable compensated for the additional minor effort s why not. I am a personal service agent and service is what I do. TTFN

Best regards,
Charles

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.