Notary Rotary
Another State
Notary Discussion History

Another State
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/1/05 7:54am
Msg #63211

Another State

I am a Florida notary and I also live 30 miles from Georgia. Can I go into GA and notarize closing?

Reply by Marla_FL on 9/1/05 8:11am
Msg #63218

Not unless you are a Georgia notary!

Reply by Roger_OH on 9/1/05 8:34am
Msg #63226

Re: Another State - no can do

Georgia is an attorney-only state for loan closings

Reply by Art_MD on 9/1/05 10:03am
Msg #63270

You are in a good position.
Post on you profile that you do closings for GA property if borrowers come into FL.
I've done a number for borrowers in Delaware (an attorney state) whom I meet at either of 2 libraries or a rest stop. Depends on which is best for both of us. Can charge extra $50 since they are saving $$$ on attorney fees.

Art

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/1/05 8:42pm
Msg #63385

As others have said, you would have to be a GA attorney.

I just wanted to use this opportunity to state the if you are a resident of GA (or any other state other than FL), you cannot be a notary in FL. One of the requirements to be a FL notary is to be a FL resident. Not a FL visitor or someone who simply works in FL, but actually has taken residence in this state.

117.01 Appointment, application, suspension, revocation, application fee, bond, and oath.—
(1) The Governor may appoint as many notaries public as he or she deems necessary, each of whom shall be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of the state. A permanent resident alien may apply and be appointed and shall file with his or her application a recorded Declaration of Domicile. The residence required for appointment must be maintained throughout the term of appointment. Notaries public shall be appointed for 4 years and shall use and exercise the office of notary public within the boundaries of this state. An applicant must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.