Notary Rotary
Any expert on E&O insurance?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Iris_WA on 9/18/05 2:35pm
Msg #65927

I carry E&O insurance for my notary public duties, but I am soon entering a new field for which it is also prudent to carry E&O insurance ... medical transcription.

Does anyone know if the same Notary E&O Insurance insurance would cover me in the additional field?

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/18/05 2:40pm
Msg #65929

Duh! Question restated.

Answered my own question -- policy is called "Notary Public Errors and Omissions Policy."

Restated question: Is there any such thing as a comprehensive E&O policy?

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/18/05 2:54pm
Msg #65932

Re: Duh! Question restated.

Hi Iris:

I checked with my insurance partner and I am told that because the risks are unique to each occupation there is no such thing as comprehensive coverage or an umbrella policy for E&O. It appears that you will have to acquire E&O for each occupation. Of course that is in California but I suspect that for this risk it will be the same across the board.

Best regards,
Charles_CA

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/18/05 3:02pm
Msg #65937

Doomed! :)

Thanks for checking, Charles, and for the answer.

Just when I hoped I had 'escaped' yet another expense (yet, am not surprised by the answer).

Why couldn't I just win the lottery?! (I know -- I know -- first have to BUY A TICKET!) Smiley

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/18/05 3:06pm
Msg #65938

Re: Doomed! :) Not doomed, just another hand in your

pocket for sure. That is what makes the world go 'round. Money that is and the redistribution of it. I hate insurors but I can't live without them. It's just one of those things. I believe that Confuscious said some thing about "If rape is inevitable............. But in my case I'm going kicking and screaming.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/18/05 3:22pm
Msg #65941

Um....

*banjo sounds in the background*

um.... shades of "Deliverance"!

Reply by DMARTZ_IN on 9/18/05 3:53pm
Msg #65951

Re: Duh! Question restated.

It was the same with us our Private Investigation & Process Service Agencies E&O, it would not cover me as a notary and it is 10 times the amount i have as a notary.

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/18/05 4:11pm
Msg #65953

Notary E&O is for your work as a commissioned notary. You mightneed to look into other liability insurance for this new venture.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/18/05 5:16pm
Msg #65961

Thanks to everyone for the answers! - N/M

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.