Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anyone get their flying Notary Brothers, email???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Charles_CA on 9/3/05 6:36pm
Msg #63659

Sounds like a circus troupe. However the site seems to be professionally done and the application is not particularly onerous. Anyone have any experience with this group?

Reply by Teddog_CO on 9/3/05 8:44pm
Msg #63674

I got the same email. I couldn't enter their web site, just kept getting an error. Never heard of them they must be NewBees? Maybe someone has some info. out there. I'm Very careful who I work for, to many bad experiences.

Sorry! that I can't help with this one.

God Bless
Teddog_CO

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/3/05 8:48pm
Msg #63676

Yep. I got one also. I applied for trapeze artist and elephant trainer.

Reply by Teddog_CO on 9/3/05 8:52pm
Msg #63677

Brenda TX

You made laugh!!! I love it Brenda. Wonder who the Heck they are???

Teddog_CO

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/3/05 9:36pm
Msg #63682

Re: Brenda TX

I cannot take credit for the joke of being the "flying" Notary Brothers. That belongs to Charles. (good one C.) I actually thought of a grocery chain that used to be in this state: Three Brothers. And, there's the Five Brothers Inspections firm.

For Susan, I will send you the link so you can pick a circus job and sign up for it. Smiley

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/3/05 8:56pm
Msg #63678

Sniff. I'm feeling left out, no email for me. I always wanted to be one of those ladies on the trapeze.

Reply by AnneSoCA on 9/3/05 10:21pm
Msg #63685

I got the email too. The site looks good. Looks like they're located in CA. TitleGalCa, if you want, I'll forward to email to you so you don't feel left out. ; )

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/3/05 10:51pm
Msg #63686

Thx Anne! Hope I can pull off the tights/outfit tho.. N/M

Reply by Dave_CA on 9/4/05 9:51am
Msg #63699

not so amused

I visited their web site and it looked good so I explored a bit more.
If you follow their link to recipes for financial disaster and then look at the quotes chosen it may cause you to suspect how they view Notaries. It certainly did for me.
http://www.dontgojohnnywalker.com/wst_page4.html

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/4/05 10:20am
Msg #63703

I suspect its a fishing expedition, the name struck me

as being funny. I sometimes wonder how people chose business names. I always believed that a business name should project how the public in general and your target audience in particular perceives your business. To me the name Notary Brothers sounded like a bunch of clowns. Admitedly, I have a perverted sense of humor, but the business didn't project the type of solid professionalism one wold expect when dealing with a financial enterprise. I also have to admit that it really bothers me when I go into a bank on Haloween day and hand my hard earned money over to a clown behind the counter. Maybe I am just showing my age, or my stodgy New England upbringing but it still bothers me.

Sice the notary brothers were/are members of ReMax I guess it is another indicator of the slowing down of the rea estate business overall. I found it amusing to think about the notary brothers having 20 (not sure if thats accurate) years of combined experience in real estate. That is almost as much experience as I have myself. Now I wonder how many of them are there? Does that amount to 10 years each if there are two, and as the number increases the experience decreases. Maybe i've been out in the fog to lon today. Hoep everyone has a great weekend: be happy, be safe!

Reply by Teddog_CO on 9/4/05 8:15pm
Msg #63725

To Dave CA -

Hi ! Dave,
Ever feel like someone just "spit" on you ? These guys sound like a million laughs, just not the kind of people anyone would work for. I have to share what I saw on GoMobileNotary about this company-"looks like they want Notaries to split their fee with them" take a look at the info. on GMN and let us know what you think. I'll bet there are people who will really work for them, then Cry on the forums about No payment. I can just feel it in my bones<LOL

Teddog_CO

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/4/05 9:45pm
Msg #63731

Teddog, it might not sound that far-fetched, two weeks

ago I got a phone call from a company (so they said) asking me if I would go out and do a single document for 25$ and then rebate them half of the fee. Of course the document was 15 miles away at a commune on Table Mountain which is almost 30 miles of single lane dirt road. I couldn't help it I just laughed at them.

Regards,
Charles

Reply by Teddog_CO on 9/4/05 10:34pm
Msg #63736

Charles CA

I know this business is getting pretty flakey! I wish I had $25 for every Goofy phone call I get. Just got one tonight at 8pm from some guy-God only knows who he is, saying he needed something notarized. I told him "No Dice" Could of been another Notary fooling around, no telling! When we have to start "rebating" these folks I'll roll on the floor laughing LOL. I bet you some jerk will bite for their deal. Perhaps being an over the road truck driver would be a good alternative. I sure wish we all had our own union or something, before the whole profession go's "down the tubes." The NNA is no big help with respect to Notaries being paid a fair fee. They're making a killing getting new Notaries with no regard to the future of the profession.
My Best to You Teddog_CO

Reply by Anonymous on 9/7/05 2:02pm
Msg #64041

I received an email regarding negative feed back. Notary Brothers is listed with Notary Rotary as a legitimate signing service. Also our website was under repair for the last several weeks, and that is why you might not have seen the mailing address. You can find address information on the contact page at www.notarybrothers.com .

Also this company is a Disabled Veteran owned company that is listed with the federal government. I hope this will satisfy your curiosity and I apologize for any inconvenience.

In the notary industry there are signing services as well as notaries that lack integrity. I would like to believe this is not true but it is.

Hopefully we are not sending the wrong message. Don’t Go Johnny Walker was created with the intent of getting feed back from both signing services and notaries. It has come to our attention that this sight is viewed negatively and we have discontinued it and removed it from our site. I believe everyone can benefit from other peoples input. Just like the Notary Rotary forum page.

Reply by Notary Brothers on 9/7/05 2:04pm
Msg #64043

I received an email regarding negative feed back. Notary Brothers is listed with Notary Rotary as a legitimate signing service. Also our website was under repair for the last several weeks, and that is why you might not have seen the mailing address. You can find address information on the contact page at www.notarybrothers.com .

Also this company is a Disabled Veteran owned company that is listed with the federal government. I hope this will satisfy your curiosity and I apologize for any inconvenience.

In the notary industry there are signing services as well as notaries that lack integrity. I would like to believe this is not true but it is.

Hopefully we are not sending the wrong message. Don’t Go Johnny Walker was created with the intent of getting feed back from both signing services and notaries. It has come to our attention that this sight is viewed negatively and we have discontinued it and removed it from our site. I believe everyone can benefit from other peoples input. Just like the Notary Rotary forum page.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.