Notary Rotary
Anyone with a Brother MFC-8220 only...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by CVSigner on 9/27/05 11:01am
Msg #67562

question regarding lower paper tray. LT-5000. Does the 8220 have the ability to recognize paper size of documents, and with two paper trays, printer paper accordingly? I am getting mixed answers everytime I call Brother directly.

Reply by christiSocal on 9/27/05 12:54pm
Msg #67605

I have one, but haven't got the tray yet. I was told it would recognize paper size. I hope so, I plan on getting one soon. Does the cv stand for crescenta valley?? Thats where I live. Hope you find an answer. I'd like to know for sure too. Smiley

Reply by CVSigner on 9/27/05 1:03pm
Msg #67613

The CV is for Central Valley. I have been told by Brother tech support that it will work and then I called back and asked another person and they said no. So, I wanted to see if there was anyone out there actually making it work.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 9/27/05 6:42pm
Msg #67673

Re: In My Limited Experience....

And assuming that I am doing this correctly, mine does not pull from appropriate tray whenever the document is mixed. It will on a fax and, if I am remembering correctly, on PDF files. However, when utilizing viewers, it doesn't work.

That second tray is still a godsend though! Before, I had to constantly switch paper. Now, I put the document on Legal (within the print instructions) and it all comes out on legal. Now I have found that with E-Lynx viewers (and maybe a couple of others), I've had to actually put the legal tray (which is my second tray) on top or put legal paper in both trays since it will only print out of the primary tray.

But I still love that second tray...........much easier than only the single tray!!

Mysti

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.