Notary Rotary
Billing for No Signs
Notary Discussion History

Billing for No Signs
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Carol_in_MI on 9/29/05 1:53pm
Msg #67971

Billing for No Signs

I've searched and read a lot about cancellations and trip fees, but how do you handle the invoicing on these? Do you bill the full amount (whether or not you will take less) or do you reduce the amount on your invoice?

One this morning was overnight docs through a SS. Cancellation was not discussed when the appointment was set, but the confirmation mentions being paid whatever the lender's trip fee is (minimum of $25) if cancelled after traveling to a closing. Kind of hard to bill for a vague amount.

Naturally, I want the full amount so wonder if my chances are better by invoicing in full.

Reply by Ted_MI on 9/29/05 8:15pm
Msg #68044

Carol,

I don't know if I have enough experience with these situations to give you some advice, but I can relate an experience that might be helpful for you. I had a crunch time signing a number of months ago in the evening. As I recollect the docs were late; it was a refinance. But the borrowers stayed up until all hours so it didn't really make that much difference. Very difficult circumstances; the husband was disabled, lying in bed; no table; all sorts of people milling around. Anyway to make a long story short, the signing was not completed.

So I emailed the ss inquiring OK what happens under these circumstances. I indeed had been there a long time but they didn't sign. Never ever got a response from the ss. So fionally after a couple days I just send them an invoiice for the entire amount, and lo and behold two or three weeks later a check for the entire amount showed up. And it was for a decent amount too.

Hope this helps.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.