Notary Rotary
Borrower wants their money
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Bonnie_FL on 9/28/05 2:54pm
Msg #67845

Don't you just love it when you confirm the appt with the BO and he wants to know if you are bringing his check. What do these loan officers explain anyway? I feel bad for the misled people.

Reply by Joe_PA on 9/28/05 3:38pm
Msg #67851

I have gotten this question a few times. Sometimes they wait until I am in their house, then ask if I have a check with me.

I explain that I am only a notary and have nothing to do with issuing a check. I also explain that the that the mortgage company will not cut a check until after the Right to Cancel

Reply by Bonnie_FL on 9/28/05 6:06pm
Msg #67876

I do the same explanation - I would say it happens more than not. I just feel bad for the BO's that they are in shock that I don't have their check and that there is even a RTC since "no one" explained it to them during the months preceding the loan sigining. Oh well.

Reply by MsRobbo on 9/29/05 12:54pm
Msg #67956

Most of my BO's know that they aren't getting a check. Like all of you I explain the RTC. I have only done two signings where I was sent a check to give the BO's. Only because the loans were not on primary residences and not RTC.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.