Notary Rotary
Close One For Rita And Katrina Too-Attn Hurricane Notaries
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by ItsMe123 on 9/23/05 9:09am
Msg #66892

I commit and I challange all of you to commit also to "Close One For Rita". We have colleagues in Rita's path who may be very affected by this storm. We need to as a group of professionals bind together and help our colleagues. It would also be prudent to "Close One For Katrina" too and I also commit to that.

Let's call out for a Texas Notary---Brenda, sorry but I have call out to you and ask you (if Rita is kind to you and I pray that she is) to be the Texas Notary who will help me to identify and coordinate getting all the loan closing money that everyone has gathered by "Close One For Rita" to the Texas notary on the board (pray we can only find one but if we find more we may need to close more than one loan for Rita) who is need of money.

Calling out for a Katrina area notary who is still up and running, able to find a board notary that has been severely affected by Katrina and corrdinate with me a way to get the Katrina loan closing money to this notary.

It will be easy to do folks---all we have to do is get an address for one Rita and one Katrina affected notary and FedEx the closing fee for one loan to each notary. We all have FedEx account numbers--we can easily do this. If everyone participates then both the notaries in need will have a nice amount of funds coming to help them get on their feet and stay on thier feet.

I will do what it takes to get this done. I will if someone can help me find notaries in need like this make sure it happens.

Let's do it.

If you are reading this and you know you are that notary--- Let us know, we do care.

Michelle 231-750-7549
michellelhiller at hotmail.com

Reply by PattyTX on 9/23/05 9:18am
Msg #66898

Count me in! I am in Dallas so let me know if there is anything I can do! If anyone needs a place to stay, you are more than welcome in my home! (214-714-6579). Mi casa es su casa!

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/23/05 5:55pm
Msg #67022

Re: Close One For Rita And Katrina Too-Attn Hurricane Notari

" We all have FedEx account numbers--we can easily do this."

I don't have a Fed Ex account. I have a large list of account numbers but none of them are actually mine.

Reply by ItsMe123 on 9/23/05 8:41pm
Msg #67044

Fine--use my FedEx accoun t number then n/m

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/24/05 2:21am
Msg #67079

Greetings all.

Hi folks.

While the coast is getting some activity, Central Texas remains calm. We are expecting a little wind in the morning around 3 am, but that's about all.

It looks like Rita has gone in around the East Texas / Louisiana border. The status is currently Cat 3. The expected target is less populated than some of the other coastal areas.

The hurricane-related problems experienced on my end are mostly traffic coming into/thru town and the communications problems due to overload of the phone networks. Also the traffic around the gas pump. People are swarming the gas stations. My tank is full and Sam's is not lacking in gas.

We are hardly able to get phone calls at times because the network fails. Most of the time it just goes to voicemail. The evacuation efforts have been pretty wild. Most people experienced drive times that were five to ten times of the usual.

I have eight family members who evacuated between my house and my son's. Mom's family here, and dad's family at Rob's house.

Thanks so much for your concern. My hands are pretty full. I have been attempting to answer email tonight and my mom and her friend are up and querying "What on earth are you doing????"

I will consider this idea as soon as I can posted by Itsme123.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/24/05 10:52am
Msg #67108

Re: Glad you're OK and checked in Brenda. Hang in there! nm

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/24/05 11:08am
Msg #67111

Enjoy your houseparty, Brenda. N~M

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.