Notary Rotary
Closing canceled twice....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by bfd110_IN on 9/29/05 7:39pm
Msg #68036

called on saturday to close on on sunday... Borrower and I were ready documents werent.. they didnt get uploaded and i had to cancel. They called wednesday and wanted me to do it again today.. I blocked time out and didnt take another closing since i had already committed. I had to have docs by 2. I kept checking until 3 and then i called and had to leave a message. I got an email at 3:30 saying to cancel because lender didnt have docs done. The docs were old docs were on dynadocs and i was told noto use them soo i know they had been prepared once. i am sure they will call again...Should I accept or increase fee by 25.00 to make up for heartache?

Reply by Anonymous on 9/30/05 10:56am
Msg #68133

How badly do you want the signing. Me, I'd say NO. Burnt twice, wouldn't want to chance a third. But if you want their business, take it and hope for the best. How's their rep? What do other people say about them although this is a lender problem since they didn't get the docs done in time. I also keep notes on various lenders that are problematic and make my decision based on past experience.

However, sometimes if is the first time I have been called by the SS or TC, I might do it hoping they remember next time for coming through for them. For some its worked, for some, they never called again. But if you do take it, sure up the fee since you blocked out time twice, just remember the cut off time for the docs. But I believe that's also the nature of this business, we get the good with the bad and the last mintue calls, etc. Sometimes its a risk.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.