Notary Rotary
Closings on call Signing Service-G/B/U?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/14/05 8:47am
Msg #65105

Got a closing for today. Anyone have any feedback on this company out of orlando, FL?
I was unable to find any info on "search", or net,etc

TIA

Reply by April_NY on 9/15/05 12:08pm
Msg #65386

I know On Call out of NYC. Would never work for them again.
Not sure about Fl.

Reply by John Taylor on 8/18/06 6:49pm
Msg #139438

Re: Closings on call Signing Service-beware!

Short answer: get their no-sign/fund policy and who's paying you up front!

Just had one from them tonight. Confirmed two days ago. At last minute they sent a new confirmation as an e-mail attachment that said:

"In the event that the loan does not close or fund we will do everything in our
power to put in for a trip fee but it is not guaranteed"

(Only other company I know of that does this other than the much maligned Closeline, a/k/a PES, etc.)

This was a 100 mi. closing so I responded that we couldn't do it unless they made an exception to this policy in this case. Replied the day before the closing. They didn't respond and sent late docs. I again sent the same e-mail I sent before and asked for full fees for no sign/fund. Then came a barrage of emails and phone calls. I kept telling them the same thing. They kept ignoring the issue and sending a confirmation of the time and place.

Next I found out that they wouldn't be paying me for the closing, a title company would be. (3PM now for a 3PM 100 mi. closing). I then requested that I get a confirmation with full fee approval for no-sign/fund directly from the title company. Response was "I gave you the confirmation, I don't know what else to do?!" I say I must have the confirmation for no-sign by 3PM or I will consider it cancelled. Don't get response so I put it down as cancelled and charge cancellation fee of $50.

3:30PM I finally hear from title company. They are furious as to why the notary is not at the borrower's home at the scheduled time. I start over. Get's kicked upstairs to supervisor. I start over again. I give up and go to my next closing. Finally get an e-mail saying they (title co.) will pay if it doesn't close. They keep calling and e-mailing at my closing. I BBerry back that I'll have to call them when I'm done.

5:00PM I tell them I have one more closing, but I can do it Saturday to help them out. Title co. supervisor e-mails saying this is "unacceptable" and I get a message of the you dropped the ball and you're blackballed forever variety.

Lost 2 clients. COC's fault, and a huge waste of my time.

-DB

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.