Notary Rotary
Color of Notary Stamp
Notary Discussion History

Color of Notary Stamp
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Susan Young on 9/21/05 3:04pm
Msg #66464

Color of Notary Stamp

Is a notary permitted to use a notary seal/stamp in blue ink instead of black as long as the notary's signature is in black in?

Reply by Kiso on 9/21/05 3:05pm
Msg #66465

I thought they all had to be in black ink....not sure. What state are you in?

Reply by Art_MD on 9/21/05 3:08pm
Msg #66466

Re: Color of notary stamp depends on state...

I believe one state requires purple. I believe most state will take blue or black as long as it can be copied.

Check your notary handbook.

Art

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/21/05 5:06pm
Msg #66493

Most states, that I'm aware of require the stamp to be black. Utah (I believe) requires it to be purple.

FL requires it to be black.

Reply by MORITZ - PETER on 9/21/05 3:26pm
Msg #66471

Depending on your state but most it is manatory black. Smiley

Reply by Anonymous on 9/21/05 7:52pm
Msg #66530

Re: Your SOS might be able to answer this question. n/m

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/21/05 10:43pm
Msg #66565

You know...I read these posts about ink color with interest as I think made a mistake 4 years ago. My stamp is bright blue! At the time, there was no consideration for my local recorders about the color, and I thought it stood out. And, I mean....it's REALLY bright blue, and the stamp is rather large (which has been a problem at times).

To date, I've not had any problems with it (other than my own opinion), but I'm always reviewing other notaries stamps and NONE of them have the same color (or size). When I get my commission renewed, I'm going with a nice, safe, black stamp and one that is smaller. Standing out in the crowd can be a good thing, but for notary stamps...I think I'll play it safe and order from Harry with black ink.

You sure can't miss my stamp tho...for what good that is.

Reply by Terri_CA on 9/21/05 11:17pm
Msg #66576

In California, the SOS does not state what color the ink of your seal/stamp should be, but rather states that the ink color must be photographically reproducible.

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.