Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Contract which state a fee lower than yours...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by CaSigner on 9/19/05 4:53pm
Msg #66060

What do you all do when you are signing up with an SS and in the contract agreement it states a fee lower that your? Do you cross off the lower preprinted fee and put your fee next to it OR sign the agreement and wait until you get the first call to tell them your fee?

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/19/05 5:01pm
Msg #66063

I will either call them and negotiate. If my fee can not be met, I choose not to do business with the service.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/19/05 5:02pm
Msg #66064

Yes you can cross it out and initial it and send it back. I'm not sure that it will do any good. It is a red flag that they will try and get the fee that they have on the contract in one way or another. Frnakly I don't like their contracts.

Reply by CaSigner on 9/19/05 5:13pm
Msg #66068

I understand but...

my thought was that if you cross it out they will know immediately that you are not going to work for their fee. At least if you wait until they call you for a job you have a chance to negotiate with them. You can always say no when they call and don't meet your price.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/19/05 5:41pm
Msg #66071

Re: I understand but...

If they are adamant about paying only the fee they stated, they simply will not negotiate with you. If there is no language somewhere else in the contract, as in some I've seen, that fees can be negotiated higher, then I would add in an asterisk (*) and some words to the effect "or to be mutually negotiated based on circumstances" or some such. (Don't forget to initial where you made the change.) Otherwise, they can always throw back at you that you signed a contract and agreed to that fee.

You might even prefer to call them ahead of time and politely tell them you're doing this and ask them if they'd please initial their agreement and return a fully conformed copy to you.

If they're not interested, forget about them! You'll not see one cent more!

Just my opinion!

Reply by Anonymous on 9/19/05 6:50pm
Msg #66077

i got a contract send to me to do signings for 50.oo i still havent send it in . i was thinking of crossing out and initialing , but still havent decided.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 9/19/05 7:23pm
Msg #66083

How many of you got a signed by them contract back?

Reply by CaSigner on 9/19/05 8:55pm
Msg #66090

Exactlty...

If they know you are not going to do a $50 signing because you have crossed off their fee they are never going to contact you.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/20/05 1:16am
Msg #66121

Re: Exactlty...

Ultimately, what does it matter what the fee on the contract states? Signing it doesn't obligate you to do any signing they want to give you at that rate. Send em in, if they call just give them your regular quote and they can take it or leave it.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 9/20/05 10:24am
Msg #66162

Re: Exactlty...

I tend to agree. Also it takes two signatures to make a contract. If they don't supply you with a copy signed by them, then you are not obligated to anything.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/19/05 10:23pm
Msg #66107

How many of you have ASKED for a copy? (A contract requires two signatures.)

Reply by LawrenceOK on 9/20/05 10:14am
Msg #66159

I personally will not agree to a contract unless the fee is negotiable or meets my fee requirements. Almost 90% of the SS's contracts that I have seen are $50 fees. One SS's contract had you agree to deductions for error's. Did'nt state notary errors, just errors. YEAH RIGHT!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.