Notary Rotary
Do you fill out your name in the 1003?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 9/5/05 2:51pm
Msg #63782

I did one last week, and I didnt put my name where it says at the end who filled out the
application. Did I do wrong?

I was hired by a out of area mortgage co to do the application but I did that section in blank.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/5/05 3:05pm
Msg #63783

we do nothing with the 1003 except have the borrower initial it where called for, and if needs be, sign it on the bottom. This form is the first item filled out by a GOOD Loan Officer and should be totally filled out at the signing. Stuart LV "The SIgning Doc' (Former Loan Officer)

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/5/05 5:09pm
Msg #63795

It sounds to me like the original poster was on a mission to have the 1003 application filled out during an assignment for that purpose.

Since I have not done one of those, I cannot answer his question. If the application he refers to is in a loan package, then your answer is absolutely correct, Stuart LV.

Reply by Calnotary on 9/5/05 5:33pm
Msg #63799

Hi Brenda, Sorry for not been very explicit. I ment that I went to fill out a 1003; I was hired by a mortgage company and I didnt put my name in the interviewer portion.

I hope thats not a problem and I was hoping for an answer of someone that have done one of this.

thank you.

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/5/05 10:03pm
Msg #63817

I'm confused as to your post. Are you filling out the 1003 for the borrower? Or is the 1003 part of the docs that you received? Is so, you would not fill it out. IF you were a loan officer employed by the mortgage broker then you would sign it as the interviewer. You would also, hopefully, get the commission. Hope that answers your question.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/6/05 12:09pm
Msg #63863

The Interviewer is the loan officer who is taking the application either in person or on the phone and filling it out at the same time. YOU do nothing with the 1003 except insure that the borrowers initial at the bottom and sign where indicated. Stuart LV NV

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/6/05 12:40pm
Msg #63866

Occasionally, a loan company will hire someone (like a notary) to go to the borrower and sit there while the *borrowers* complete the 1003 themselves. I've done a couple of them for the experience. (I found it boring and not really worth the small amount they offered to pay me -- and not as fast as they claimed it would be.) As for signing it, I felt that that part of the process is ultimately the repsonsibility of the LO, so I didn't sign. No one ever said anything either way, but to get the ultimate answer, best to go to the party that hired you.

Frankly, I didn't want myy name on that document for basically acting as courrier. I didn't review any of the data or explain anything on the form and I referred them back to their LO for questions, just as I do in a signing appt. I'm not even sure why they want notaries to handle that function -- other than the fact that they don't want to do it and they already hire notaries to go to borrowers, so why not. Just a guess.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.