Notary Rotary
Does E&O cover this ?
Notary Discussion History

Does E&O cover this ?
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/14/05 11:10pm
Msg #65287

Does E&O cover this ?

Has anyone ever made any mistake notarizing ack. or jurat , or has any one used unproper ID? Does E&O ins. cover these kind of mistakes? What are the consequneces? In how long will you find out?

Reply by Anonymous on 9/14/05 11:29pm
Msg #65290

Not sure about any of this but will try to answer as best I

can. My understanding is that yes, E & O insurance does cover these kids of notarial errors, should you need it due to a law suit. No, to my knowledge I have not made mistakes or inproperly ID'd. Consequences? The SS will have you correct the errors, they will let you know after they receive and review the signed loan docs, that a correction needs to be made. AND, unless there is a law suit filed regarding the loan, E & O insurance isnt involved. Are you concerned about a law suit because you think you made an error? I think there has to be more than that going on with the loan before a law suit woudl be filed. I have never had to use mine (E & O), but I think thi is the way it works. Maybe someone else who ahs had more experience with this will replay and we will both learn something.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.