Notary Rotary
Embossers versus stamps
Notary Discussion History

Embossers versus stamps
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/14/05 6:45pm
Msg #65242

Embossers versus stamps

I'm requesting assitance on deciding when it is better to use an embosser or a stamp? Could someone pleas help!

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/14/05 6:51pm
Msg #65243

I don't know the laws for any other state but my own, which permits use of either embosser or stamp. An embosser may be a requirement in some states, and may be required for certain specific tasks. (I recall seeing something about this within the past few days -- try using the ORANGE "SEARCH" button and use keywords "emboss" and "stamp."

Generally, from my own perspective, a stamp is "better" because it is easily photocopiable.

Just my opinion.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/14/05 7:56pm
Msg #65252

I agree Iris. I have both and I use my stamp for everything except wedding certificates. I just think the embosser looks cool on a certificate, especially with gold foil. One of the things a lot of people don't remember from the old days of embossers is that to get them to photocopy properly you also needed to ink the impression and that is a royal pain even with the new inking pads.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/14/05 9:14pm
Msg #65262

Thank You!

Reply by Rebecca_TN on 9/14/05 9:35pm
Msg #65267

I started out with an embosser, but Tennessee nows requires then we switch to the stamp when we renew our commission. I have been using the stamp for about a year. I think the embosser is more "official" looking (maybe I am just old-fashioned), but I have grown to love the stamp for two reasons. First, I think it is a lot quicker and second, at the end of the day my arthritis doesn't hurt near as much as it used to. This is just my 2 cents worth. Hope it helps.

Reply by VERONICACA on 9/15/05 10:13am
Msg #65350

What I learned in the signing class that I took is that a document is legally acceptable only if all parts of the document are visible when copied. An embossed document is not. An embosser can be used along with stamp on documents with multiple pages as prove that no page in the documents have not been altered or replaced.
V/CA

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/14/05 10:51pm
Msg #65283

I think embossers look cool. The first time I saw one on a grant deed, I thought it was a bit fussy and overdone.... the notary used a stamp and a gold foil embosser....but still, it looked cool.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/15/05 10:23am
Msg #65351

In Alabama it is embosser only by law. It took about two months to quit wincing trying to squeeze that sucker.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/15/05 12:10pm
Msg #65389

Owie! to embosser only, Charm - N/M

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.