Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
FNP Document Service 37 days and no payment.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Cari_MO on 9/26/05 11:30am
Msg #67345

I wondered if anyone else has had problems with this company ? They were not very nice when all I wanted was a return call for the messages to see if I needed to do anything else for payment on a closing. Here is what happen.

I did a closing for them 8-20-05. It did not receive payment by 9-20-05. My plan was to call and make sure they did not need anything from me for payment besides my invoice. This was my 1st closing with them. I called the number that is on my email confirmation (904)807-8533. No matter which selection I made. I got kicked into voice mail. So I had to leave a message. 4 messages later over a weeks time. I did not get a call back. So I looked up the phone number for the Settlement Service that the documents were sent to and called them. Within 1 hour I got a call back from FNP Document Services. He was very rude and put the blame on me for going over his head. And advise me that was no way to do business. I also advise him that it is important for customer service to return phone calls. I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN !!! This is the 1st company I have had to do that too !

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/26/05 11:56am
Msg #67346

I don't consider a company past due until 45 days. I understand your frustration with receiving no responses to your voice messages, but I think calling the settlement service after 30-37 days probably did push the SS over the edge and their justified anger. JMO.

Reply by DMARTZ_IN on 9/26/05 12:08pm
Msg #67351

If your receivables is Net 30 days i add five days for mailing which is 35 days at that time a company is past due with us, if they do not respond back it falls into collections and we do what we must to insure payment. 45-60 is unacceptable for us. Its just business and everyone runs their business how they see fit.

Reply by Cari_MO on 9/26/05 12:21pm
Msg #67355

I agree. If they would have just called me back. Everytime I called I got a automated line. I have several options to choose from. Everyone I pushed including (If you are a notary in a closing and need assistants asap) It gave me and option to page someone. I did ! No call back. I have managed a mortgage office for 16 years and now started my own closing business 4 years. This is the 1st time I have ran into this. They need to work on customer service !!!! Thanks for you information. You have been very helpful.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/26/05 12:28pm
Msg #67359

I agree their customer service skills suck. My invoices say "Due upon receipt" -- I have a couple of SSs and TCs that pay within a week or two. Most though, average 30-45 days.

Reply by DeeB/Fl on 11/5/05 7:23pm
Msg #74656

I agree with you 100%!!! I had the very same problem and then when someone did call back all she did was give me an attitude!! i was so pssst off. Don't give me an attitude! I told her that i expect the payment by wednesday since she said they mailed it "today" well..this was yesterday so if i dont see it by Wensday...you know they will be getting a call from me! This is also a payment from an August closing. Dee

Reply by Cari_MO on 9/26/05 12:32pm
Msg #67361

Thanks Carolyn, I would not normally be real concerned about the time of payment. Since it was a new company. I called to make sure they did not need anything from me. All it would have taken was a quick call back on their part. They have a automated line that you can pick several options. One of which was (If you are a Notary in a closing and need help asap please push #_) So I was able to page them.. Still no call back one week and 4 messages later. I would never treat a client so poorly.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/26/05 12:45pm
Msg #67369

Do you always send a W-9 with first-sign companies? I know in past threads this has caused a delay in receiving payment.

But you are absolutely right -- I hate getting into the telephone loop black hole and they should follow-up with your messages and at least give you an approximate date checks will be cut.

Reply by Cari_MO on 9/26/05 12:56pm
Msg #67373

That is a good question. That was why I was calling to check and make sure they had everything they needed. I do so many closings. And it is hard to keep track of who got a w-9 or who did not. So I was calling them to make sure it was not my error. When I finally did talk to them after he got rude with me. He said check was in mail and hung up. I guess they do. We will see if I get my check.

Reply by Joan_OH on 9/26/05 7:48pm
Msg #67457

I agree, it was unprofessional to not return your call if only to say "we are having the end of the month crazies, can we look at this on the 1st?" Consider, this might have been the reason your call was not returned. You might have better luck if you make collection calls the first 2 weeks of the month when things are calmer. Everyone is crazy busy the end of the month and may not be concentrating on accounts payable. I don't know if I would have made the call until after 45 days...but that's me. :-)

Joan-OH

Reply by Cari_MO on 9/26/05 9:58pm
Msg #67481

You are right. End of the month is a bad time to follow up.
My 1st message was left with them on 9-19-05. And the call
was just to check they had everything they needed on my part.
Since it was my 1st closing with this company. I have many
companies that pay up to 45 days. No big deal. Oh well.
Let's see how much longer I have to wait for my check .

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/27/05 7:17am
Msg #67515

If it were me, and I was just following up to see if they had everything they needed from me in order to process my check, I would do it immediately after the signing -- probably by e-mail or fax.

I keep a file folder for each SS/TC I sign for. Included in this folder is a paper trail of what I have sent them, i.e., W-9, invoices, tracking numbers, e-mails, etc.

Reply by Cari_MO on 10/3/05 8:58pm
Msg #68649

43 days payment received !!!!

Reply by JC/MD on 11/3/05 9:37pm
Msg #74119

FNP .. great signing co.!!

I have nothing to say but good things about this co. . They are in my favorite list. Jevon is a very nice guy, pleasant to deal with and above all very FAIR with our fees. Thanks FNP !!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.