Notary Rotary
Fees
Notary Discussion History

Fees
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/14/05 11:05am
Msg #65155

Fees

I did a search and saw a lot of people over charging or under charging. What is the typical fee for Heloc? E-docs? 1st and 2nd set? Some people are charging $65 for Helocs and $85 for e-docss and 1st and 2nd $125 is this typical. Only reason I ask is because I got a call for a Heloc and docs are going to be mailed for $65.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/14/05 11:19am
Msg #65160

I'm going to break my policy about not responding to people who hide behind an anonymous handle. Charge rates are our own and there is no *set* fee of what to charge because that is considered price fixing. We are not employees. As for what you consider over and under charging, your own prices should be based on your competition and what you will be able to charge and make a profit and still be competitive, equipment purchases, what it costs to print/copy docs, cost of gas and maintenance, if there are faxbacks, call backs w/o an 800 number, self-employment tax, what your time is worth, and additionally what a SS or TC will agree to pay you. Charge rates are not a figure that can just be picked out of the air.

Reply by OnTheGoInFla on 9/14/05 9:03pm
Msg #65261

I agree with Carolyn, It depends on what the market will allow. I have done HELOC's for as little as $50 . I didn't have to Drive anywhere they were on my block. In some cases I have been paid up to $100 for HELOC's Plus of course an e-doc fee if it applies.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.