Notary Rotary
HELP! How to open LFC documents?!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/22/05 11:00am
Msg #66666

I still can't figure it out. I have the latest version of Adobe, and I can download the docs (I think) but still can't open them and print them. The last time, LFC had to EMAIL me the docs on Monday, but that meant I MISSED the signing that was supposed to be done on Saturday because I couldn't get to them! Thanks for your aid.

Reply by yoyo on 9/22/05 11:03am
Msg #66672

Try going to adobe acrobat website and download program.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/22/05 11:19am
Msg #66683

On the assumption the problem does not lie with the documents themselves, there are only two things I can think of for you to try before a total reinstall (with updates).

First, check under the Adobe "Help" menu and click on the "About Adobe" selection. If the dialog box that opens doesn't show "7.0.3" -- then you haven't got all the updates.

In that case, go back to the "Help" menu again and click on "Check Updates." It will automatically detect which updates you need ... CHOOSE THEM ALL! and let them install. It may be a problem with the Java program underlying Adobe.

If the first suggestion isn't the cause -- go back to the "Help" menu and click on "Detect and Repair."

If that doesn't work ... my suggestion to you is to totally uninstall Adobe Reader (you must manually delete the Adobe folder after the uninstall has completed to totally get rid of it).

Then redownload the newest Adobe Reader 7.0.

Next, be sure to turn OFF your antivirus and firewall, if any.

Next, reinstall Adobe.

Next, click under "Help" and "Check Updates."

Hopefully, that'll fix whatever is ailing it. Good luck. Smiley

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/22/05 11:21am
Msg #66684

P.S.

Are you sure these documents do not ALSO require a third-party software to "decode" the documents? Some lenders use other programs, such as SwiftView, etc.

Reply by Iris Grayson on 9/22/05 11:23am
Msg #66687

P.P.S.

Remember to reboot after installling ... AND turn back on your antivirus and firewall if they don't automatically start-up again.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/22/05 11:30am
Msg #66690

Re: P.P.S.

With Adobe Reader 7 it is not necessary to reboot after installing. It is necessary to reboot after UNinstalling all previous versions as some dll's are "locked" and can't be replaced "on the fly". Of course, it never hurts to reboot after installing any piece of software.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/22/05 11:32am
Msg #66692

Re: P.P.S.

Hehehe ... I'm always having these afterthoughts, and I thought "P.P.P.S." on the reboot for uninstall might be a bit too much!

I just automatically ALWAYS reboot after every uninstall AND install. I had to reformat my hard drive almost 3 to 4 times in July, and I just got in the habit.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/22/05 12:36pm
Msg #66720

Re: P.P.S. Re: P.P.P.S.

Not a bad habit to get into either.

Now, how is your 'habit' for doing backups? Smiley

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/22/05 1:41pm
Msg #66745

Back-ups?

*gulp* if the hard drive starts to cough a bit, I usually do a CD back-up of data. (Don't have any jump drives or anything fancy.) There never seems to be enough money to buy real back-up software.

Now the problem is trying to remember what's on which back-up CD! Since I had to do at least four reformats this past summer (problems seem all resolved now), I got tired of loading and reloading ALL the data and programs. Now I only add them as I need them.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/22/05 11:22am
Msg #66686

Are the LFC docs a PDF file? Or some other file type?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.