Notary Rotary
Help - going to signing
Notary Discussion History

Help - going to signing
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Kath_CA on 9/14/05 6:17pm
Msg #65233

Help - going to signing

Loan signing in CA being returned to TX, DOT notarial certificate has "Jane Doe A Single Woman". I know we should cross the "single woman" part out, but will it record if I make that change to the DOT. I have never come across this, but read it on this forum. Just did a search and can't find the thread. Thanks in advance for responses.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/14/05 6:29pm
Msg #65238

I would just attach a CA all purpose acknowledgement. You can write the capacity at the bottom, and notarize only the person's name.

Reply by Kath_CA on 9/14/05 6:51pm
Msg #65244

Thanks Barbara, that would solve the problem. I don't like to attach a loose certificate to a DOT unless absolutely necessary, but this is one of those times. Thanks for the response.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/15/05 10:09am
Msg #65347

You should never cross out anything on a deed of trust. That deed of trust was just stating that she was single and the only one on the deed of trust. She would just sign her name as printed on the signature page of dot. Just thought you would like to know for future reference! Shari

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 9/15/05 10:35am
Msg #65356

That's what I was thinking until I reread her post. She said single woman was on the notorial certificate.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.