Notary Rotary
Home from Katrina
Notary Discussion History

Home from Katrina
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Adams Notaries - Alicia and Ken Adams on 9/6/05 11:00am
Msg #63853

Home from Katrina

Hi all. Just wanted to follow up to let y'all know that I finally made it home (to southern California) from Biloxi, Mississippi, where I'd been visiting my mom a few days before Katrina hit. Thank so much to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Thanks for all your service and donations to the various aid organizations. It really is as bad as it looks on TV. Mom, two dogs and I weathered the storm in the Biloxi VA hospital where she's a nurse. We were so blessed to be there, running on full power with massive generators, cool, safe and dry with plenty to eat and drink. The day after the storm we found mom's house intact with only a few missing shingles and trees through the back fence. Most of her co-workers weren't so lucky, with many losing homes down to the slab and most with major flooding (3+ feet of water inside). Anyway, thanks again for caring. Now I just need a bunch of signings so I can pay for another trip back to help clean up the back yard! :o)

Reply by DellaCa on 9/6/05 11:39am
Msg #63859

So glad you made it back home safe and sound!

Reply by LilyMD on 9/6/05 12:16pm
Msg #63865

Re: Home from Katrina--Alicia and Ken

I got home on Sat. from Gautier, MS. I agree that it is as bad as the pictures seen on tv. I'm glad that you found your family's property to be in good shape. My son's apartment complex was pretty bad, but better than some. My in-laws didn't have lots of damage. My house had a tree land on it and part of the chimney gone. We are greatful everyone is okay.

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/6/05 1:30pm
Msg #63869

Welcome home! Glad you're safe & sound - N/M

Reply by Giselle_CA on 9/6/05 2:27pm
Msg #63877

Glad you guys are back safe! n/m

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 9/6/05 6:28pm
Msg #63896

Re: Home from Katrina - Welcome home - glad you're safe N/M

Reply by Brenda_NC on 9/7/05 5:45am
Msg #63957

Glad your home safe. I too just recently returned from Mississippi. I have property in Gautier and one of my sisters lives there. My parents live in Grand Bay, AL. It is as bad as it looks. All I had was minor damage to the roof of my property and the fence is down, however I have friends who lost everything. I have another sister who lives in Moss Point, MS. and her home was badly damaged. They are living at her inlaws house right now until FEMA comes.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.