Notary Rotary
How and what to charge for travel time
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Melissa Algaze on 9/16/05 6:32am
Msg #65632

Just curious how you mobile notaries charge for travel time. I'm just starting out (all I need to do is go take my oath and then I am good to go). Do you charge by mile or time, one-way, round-trip etc?

Thanks.
MA in CA

Reply by LawrenceOK on 9/16/05 8:58am
Msg #65651

I go on a base fee for loan signings, which includes everything worked into it but Edocs. I have a set distance I am willing to travel before I charge extra mileage. As for my mobile notary work, I charge the allowable state notary fee + mileage.

Reply by Art_MD on 9/16/05 9:07am
Msg #65653

Re: start by reading 33325

Welcome.
Before you get flamed by several people on this board.
Start by reading message 33325. Find by using search buttom.
Use search key to find info. You could use "mileage", "trip fee" and many variations.

When people first get to this board, they often ask questions that are basic and get flamed very quickly.

Do research before you ask a question. As you get more experienced, you will get a better idea of what questions to post and wnat not to.

Also, look at the screen names being used. Notice that most have their state abbreviation at the end. This is very important. Since the laws vary from state to state, you can get much more accurate answers since people in you own state can supply answers.

You could use algar-ca, melissaA-ca or any of a hundred varieties.

You get a quick answer anyway - most SA set flat fees for a given area. Only you can determine that. A signing may be 10 miles by air, 20 miles by car - and take 45 minutes to drive. Or it could be 20 miles and take 25 minutes.

Art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.