Notary Rotary
How do I get more signings?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Veronica Da Silva on 9/8/05 2:02pm
Msg #64221

Got listed about 3 weeks ago but have received 1 or 2 signings so far. how do I go about receiving more signings. Also what is the average signing per week for most individuals?

Reply by Anonymous on 9/8/05 2:04pm
Msg #64223

You are not sure if you have done one or two? How can you not be sure of the amount you have done?

Reply by Veronica Da Silva on 9/8/05 2:11pm
Msg #64226

actually got 2 but 1 was cancelled at the last minute by the title company 'cos the docs were not ready. When I checked with them the next day, they had reassigned it to another notary.

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/8/05 2:42pm
Msg #64234

**How do I get more signings?**

Suggestion 1 -
If you are a new notary, I suggest you purchase Laura V's booklet (http://www.professionalnotary.com ) for around 10 bucks. It whill tell you how to size up the rest of your notary landscape while you wait to get signings. Her booklet is about getting non-loan work. This would be better for any new notary to start on than signings. Get comfortable with your notary seal first and then you can put a lot of attention on the documents.

Suggestion 2 - Learn your rules for notarizing very well.

Suggestion 3 - Edit your profile to assure you have no spelling errors. This job is about details and proofing your work.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/8/05 2:11pm
Msg #64225

read message 33325 and use the search, do your homework n/m

Reply by TLR_KY on 9/8/05 2:25pm
Msg #64230

Re: read message 33325 and use the search, do your homework n/m

Hi Veronica. As per the last response just go to the orange "search" button and type in a search for msg# 33325 and read. I know it's long but read it. Then go back to the start of this forum and read as much as possible. Some of the reading will give some insight as to why you are throwing yourself to the wolves by asking the simple question you ask but it is kinda like asking your competitor to give you their business. Another thing to remember is always put your state in your author name in your profile. Most of the very knowledgable notaries here will look to your state for answers to your questions. Good luck in your business.

Reply by Veronica Da Silva on 9/8/05 4:14pm
Msg #64248

Re: read message 33325 and use the search, do your homework

how do I put my state in my author name in my profile? I tried but was not able to.
Thanks for all the response.

Reply by TLR_KY on 9/8/05 4:25pm
Msg #64250

Just go to the "My Profile" at the top of the screen. Go down to Forum Alias. Make your alias as you name and then put you State after that. Then go to the bottom and hit update.

Reply by Veronica Da Silva on 9/8/05 4:50pm
Msg #64258

Thanks, have updated my profile. Will see if it comes through.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.