Notary Rotary
How much to charge
Notary Discussion History

How much to charge
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Frenkel - Alexander on 9/21/05 4:03pm
Msg #66481

How much to charge

I have a customer who wanted to certify a copy of Birth Certificate. I told her that I can not do that unless she will attach the affidavit statement to that copy. She wants me to do copies of documents and notarize the affiant statement with jurat. How much do I charge for this.(3 different Birth Certificates)

Reply by Roger_OH on 9/21/05 4:16pm
Msg #66486

Follow the established fees of your state for notarial acts/jurats. If you go to her, then follow your state rules for travel costs.

Reply by OnTheGoInFla on 9/21/05 6:04pm
Msg #66506

Birth Certificates.

It depends on your State I guess, In Florida we cannot certify documents such as birth certificates. they need to be obtained from the state.

Reply by Roger_OH on 9/21/05 7:15pm
Msg #66518

Re: Birth Certificates.

From his posting, he's not certifying the documents, he's notarizing their affidavit that the documents are true copies.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/21/05 10:38pm
Msg #66564

Re: Birth Certificates.

Personally, I still wouldn't do it. The owner's affidavit may be invalid since the birth certificate he/she has is a copy to begin with. Certified copies of vital records should be requested from the record custodian.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.