Notary Rotary
I so enjoy this forum...
Notary Discussion History

I so enjoy this forum...
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by TitleGalCA on 9/1/05 12:02am
Msg #63164

I so enjoy this forum...

And the friends I have found here. I have - through the internet - found like minded ladies and gentlemen who are ... my friends.

I have learned that my friends have the same interests as me - they love animals, our country, good causes, common sense in issues (those pesky SS's who don't pay), common sense in our work (okay more SS issues) and just general GOOD SENSE!

I have come to really like and appreciate a whole bunch of internet friends: Renee/MI- dam you're special; Carolyn/CO; Brenda/TX; Charles/CA; Sylvia/FL; SaraBeth/CA; Susan in LA; and okay...Cali for his no-nonsense stuff....and a TON others!

Just a thankful vibe to send out into the universe.

Thanks to all for your good info on this site and thanks so for the edumacation.

Nothing is more important than family/friends and I'm thankful for both in the event of this disaster in the south. Do what your conscience tells you.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 9/1/05 12:21am
Msg #63172

I will second that. My SA training was a good start; but that's all it was "a start". Thanks to this forum I have learned so much about the business as a whole. Another thing that I'd like to mention about those mentioned above. They have a true "respect" for the job and take it's responsibilities seriously which is probably the most important thing that I have learned from these boards. So another big thanks here.

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/1/05 12:48am
Msg #63175

Re: I so enjoy this forum...I couldn't agree more! nm

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/1/05 12:55am
Msg #63179

What my consciense tells me to do is help where I can help people, spread good will where I can, and live and let live while traveling the road of life. It makes people better, it makes the one spreading the joy feel better, and everyone is better for the experience. Don't you agree?

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/1/05 1:13am
Msg #63183

Now, I think I'll barf...

what exactly is your MO Mr. Silver?

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/1/05 1:16am
Msg #63184

Re: Now, I think I'll barf...Please use a bag!

Now just what is it that provoked you? Am I not entitled to make as positive a statement as anyone else? What is the reason for your suspicion and attack?

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/1/05 1:23am
Msg #63186

I think this calls for a group hug,,,NM

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/1/05 1:33am
Msg #63187

I think this calls for a group hug,NM...My arms won't reach

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/1/05 1:55am
Msg #63191

You are fishing & trying to promote the listing site that you are charging (at minimum) $75 for! You say you have Integrity? YET, you fish on Harry's back?

in·teg·ri·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-tgr-t)
n.
Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
The state of being unimpaired; soundness.
The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.

You may want to re-think your company name, as you have violated the ethical code of this message board. Do use all a favor and start promoting your site to Title Cos instead of posting drivel on this board.

Good day, Sir!

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/1/05 8:15am
Msg #63219

I am proud that you know how to use a dictionary. It makes me feel like my 27 years in education were not wasted, although you neglected to cite the reference.

Your accusation of "fishing is unfounded." The only person I see so far mentioning my site is you!!! And so far, you have yet to accrately say anything that is not misleading! What does that say about your INTEGRITY, Becca?

Insofar as Harry is concerened, I have no doubt he monitors the board and is more than capable of contacting me if he believes I have violated his Terms of Use.

I hope yopu can find some positive manner in here to redirect your efforts.

I wish you only happiness and peace.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/1/05 2:07am
Msg #63192

YOU ARE FISHING THIS SITE!!!!

We are NOT morones. Just how long do you think you can get away with this?

Again, I question your Company name. Integrity? PLEASE!

Newbies, beware of this guy, he has ulterior motives. He wants to take your money!

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/1/05 8:21am
Msg #63220

Re: YOU ARE FISHING THIS SITE!!!!

Becca,

You continue to make these attacks. This is unreal. You seem so determined to make people have your negative point of view, which is a waste of good energy I think. I wonder why you are obcessing over this.

I still wish you the best.

Reply by Renee_MI on 9/1/05 4:04am
Msg #63198

Wow - now that's a Kodak Moment! What a wonderful thing for you to say, and do - and I am so very honored =)

I start every day with a cup of coffee and this board, and it is so rewarding, enlightening, affirming, refreshing, educational, and at times entertaining. Sometimes I am challenged, sometimes I am afforded the opportunity to give back, and sometimes it tests the ability of my tongue to withstand the force of my teeth biting down on it!

Like you, I try to always be aware of the 'vibe' I put out in the universe, try to make it positive. Carl Sagan wrote something - can't find it to quote - about how the flutter of a butterfly's wings somewhere deep in the Rain Forest has it's eventual influence on the Great Trade Winds.

Reply by newlysmomva on 9/1/05 8:01am
Msg #63214

You guys make my day!

Reply by Anonymous on 9/1/05 8:33am
Msg #63225

Re: You guys make my day! I 2nd that

Reply by TLR_KY on 9/1/05 8:41am
Msg #63231

What I like so much from this post is the fact that people have the ability to say what they like. I find myself somewhat drawn to this forum to see what people are talking about. Many of the same people you mentioned I alway read for education or just for a thought. I feel I learn so much from others opinions or perspectives. Even those opinions I don't agree with I like to read. It's better than watching Bill O'Reily (spelling ?). Anyway, to throw my two cents in to TitleGal, thanks for making me personally think and to everyone for giving me something to fill my mind.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/1/05 8:48am
Msg #63233

I read it in the morning like a daily newspaper Smiley

off to start the day...

Reply by Wendy Filice on 9/1/05 10:27am
Msg #63281

So do I, Charm!

Reply by Giselle_CA on 9/1/05 12:15pm
Msg #63317

I became a member to this site only a few months ago, but I do start my day after reading this forum in the morning. Very educational and entertaining. Thank you to all the people that are willing to help another fellow notary with a new question/situation that they may be facing.

Reply by KathleenR_CA on 9/1/05 2:29pm
Msg #63344

I've only been commissioned for two weeks. I haven't even done a signing yet. Although I am in an extremely saturated area I am very excited about doing whatever I have to to make my new career a success. With that said:

I've spent countless hours reading here and many other discussion boards. What I see here saddens me. There is a hierarchy and a "clique-ness" to this board that I haven't experienced since Jr. High School. Some posting here are just downright mean. The intensity is crazy. I'm proud to be listed here (new is not the same as stupid) but I will certainly not make it a priority to spend time here and I won't post again.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/1/05 11:12pm
Msg #63403

Re: I so enjoy this forum...Kathleen

***I've spent countless hours reading here and many other discussion boards.***

Good for you - that's how I learned a great deal about some of the more subtle aspects of being better at what I do. It's the purpose of the board.

If hang around for a while you'll probably see that heirarchy and clique-ness changes as posters come and go.....one member who I've learned so much from (who happens to be lurking) reminded me recently that I said "everybody was mean" at first.

Really... what does it matter if anyone or no one comments on your posts or mine? The sun will shine on both our backs the next day. I "get" way more than I give here.

Pretty much wherever people congregage you'll find "cliques". Its more of a people condition rather than a NotRot condition.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.