Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
It's not for everyone to solve printing problems but ......
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Glenn Strickler on 9/23/05 2:39pm
Msg #66995

Last year, I decided I wanted to be more mobile and not have to go home everytime I got a job and needed to download documents. The problem was that the printer that I wanted to use in the truck was not rated at pcl5 or above and I did not want to buy a new one just for that. So I did some searching on the internet and I ran across the following website:

http://www.pdf995.com/

It is a nifty littly program that acts like a printer (you set it as the default printer) and converts whatever you want to print into a pdf file, then you can print from Adobe to whatever printer you want, correct page sizes and all for the most part or all one size paper whatever you choose. And the best thing is it's FREE providing you put up with advertising. Or if you buy a licence, then it is 9.95 for no ads. IT works on or off line. No, they don't track you on the internet and even if they try, there are programs you should be using anyway (firewalls, anti-adware and such) that you should be using anyway.

OK, now my disclamer .. You could have problems with it if you have viruses, adware and are not using your Windows update feature or for some other unforseen circumstance, so it's not right for you if you are not good at performing minor troubleshooting or other adjustments to your system. It might be interesting to experimemt with it on a rainy Saturday or something. I myself use it all the time for different things, not just loan docs without a problem and it has been quite handy for me when I am using my laptop and on the road and I thought I would share it with everyone.

Reply by Mobile Docs on 9/23/05 2:46pm
Msg #67000

does it convert vmp and elynx, there is a program out there called primo pdf that does the same thing, however it does not do these two, it will do just about everything else. www.primopdf.com good luck

Reply by PAW_Fl on 9/23/05 3:07pm
Msg #67006

Re: It's not for everyone to solve printing problems but ...

Be advised that this is a printer emulator for converting normal printer output supported by Windows into a PDF format. It **WILL NOT** accept raw PCL output from print utilities that print directly to PCL compliant printers. Therefore, you cannot use the PDF995 "printer" to accept GMD, MRG, eLynx (PCL), Swiftview (PCL), etc. It will convert output from desktop applications (Word, Notepad, Swiftview viewer (Windows), etc.) with no problem.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.