Notary Rotary
Journal Entries
Notary Discussion History

Journal Entries
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/11/05 10:08pm
Msg #64709

Journal Entries

If you notarized loan docs, and a customers signs 4 times, within the docs., do they have to sign your journal 4 times as well?

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/11/05 10:42pm
Msg #64712

I recommend the NotaryRotary journal - it's designed for loan signings and you can use it for regular notary signings as well. One line for everything. Love it!

But, to answer your question, you don't specify what state you are in - I'll assume CA, and it's ok to draw a line from the signature down through the other entries for the same person.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/12/05 3:18am
Msg #64733

"But, to answer your question, you don't specify what state you are in - I'll assume CA, and it's ok to draw a line from the signature down through the other entries for the same person"

It's not a good idea to be giving procedural advice out on this board if you don't know what state a person is in. Unless you're SURE the person is in CA, you might be doing more harm than good.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/12/05 1:17pm
Msg #64793

Just another reason why a poster should show what STATE they

are in! Please, if you post a message on this board, specify the STATE which you are in with your name. If you are "Anonymous" then put "Anonymous/State" - THANK YOU!

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/12/05 2:03am
Msg #64730

The 2005 Notary Public Handbook for CA says on pp. 7-8 that you must keep a journal which must contain the "Date, time and type of each official act..." as well as the signature of each person's signature being notarized.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.