Just Beginning
Notary Discussion History

Just Beginning
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/15/05 10:21pm
Msg #65604

Just Beginning

Hello,

I have been a notary for my company for a few years. Currently, I am unemployed and am interested in being able to utilize my notary status such as many of you have. I know nothing about starting a business, how to contact people or how to contact companines to let them know of my availability.

I would love to hear how some of you started, what good or bad investments were made (ie. business cards, webpage, etc.) and what about legal ramifications? After exploring this website, it seems like a great opportunity, but am fearful of the unknown. It almost seems to easy and I keep thinking that I am missing something.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Curious in Minnesota

Reply by PNW_Notary on 9/15/05 11:51pm
Msg #65611

Go to the orange Search button.

Do a search for message number 33325.

Read that message and the entire thread.

NSA signing agent business degree in a bottle.

Reply by mimurrayFl on 9/16/05 12:49am
Msg #65617

A good start would be to remove the annonymous from your alias when you post and include your state in your alias. That was a tip that a long time notary/poster here told me to do. You will get better responses to your queries by doing so.

I would be happy to help in any way I can. I am new signing agent but have been in real estate for years and I would be glad to help with anything I can.

BTW, I grew up in Mn. (White Bear Lake)

Mike

Reply by MissyNV on 9/16/05 12:54am
Msg #65619

give it a whirl and don't quit you day job just yet. Experience matters and sounds like you have some. I am keeping busy, but I do think that I matters where you are in the country. Join this web site, pay for it. It pays to do so.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.