Notary Rotary
Just Curious
Notary Discussion History

Just Curious
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by StormIN on 9/8/05 12:33pm
Msg #64202

Just Curious

Are overnighted docs a thing of the past? I'm still in the studying phase and am just curious. I'll read in one forum that overnights are going out fast, then read on another forum that this or that notary still receive his or her docs overnight. There seem to be different opinions. Can it all depend on where the notary lives? TIA !

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/8/05 12:40pm
Msg #64204

I still get a lot of overnight docs. But do get a lot of e-mail docs too. Depends on the company, not the notary's location

Reply by Cherilyn_CO on 9/8/05 12:40pm
Msg #64205

About 85% of my signings are Edocs. nt

Reply by DMARTZ_IN on 9/8/05 12:42pm
Msg #64206

Re: About 90% of ours is Edocs N/M

Reply by Charles_CA on 9/8/05 12:45pm
Msg #64207

Hi Storm:

In my opinion the preferences are those of the particular company originating the loan docs. I have a ver wide mixture of both. I am in a very rural area in Northenr California. I prefer e-docs any day because it gives me the most flexibility. I have problems with FedEx deiliveries frequently and besides UPS no one else delivers here regularly. FedEx uses contractors and usually when I have uniformed FedEx guys I have no problems but sometimes the docs get to the contractors and then they can wind up anywhere. I've had docs where I sent out a trace only to have one of my next door neighbors bring the docs down because the contract carrier left them propped up against a tree at the endo fo the street about half a mile from my place. I especially hate having the docs overnighted to the borrower and that happens occaisionally. the borrower usually has no concept of how to handle papers and it makes a major headache for me when I finally get the paperwork.

Anyway I ususally get 40% overnight, 45% e-docs, and the balance goes to the borrower. the e-docs usually are about 60% pdf files, and the balance between swift, sendit, and some of the other delivery systems. With my PCL6 printer and two paper trays I had just rather they used the electronic delivery systems like sendit and swift all of the time It is so much less work for me.

Reply by Eugene Tripp on 9/8/05 12:55pm
Msg #64209

The majority of my assignments are e-docs, however, many are overnighted with a few sent directly to the signer. I have noticed that many of the overnight docs have been from local companies.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 9/8/05 1:17pm
Msg #64213

For me, the majority has been e-docs but I still receive overnighted packs. I guess it depends on the company's preference.

Reply by StormIN on 9/8/05 8:48pm
Msg #64280

Thank you all. nt

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/9/05 1:02am
Msg #64300

"Thank you all. nt"

NT is something people put in the subject line to indicate that there is nothing in the body of the message, so people don't have to open the message. To put it in the body of the message is pointless, as well as incorrect. Just FYI.

Reply by Jamie De Man on 9/9/05 8:08am
Msg #64318

Yes, I know, but thanks for the reminder. I won't bother explaining my mistake, I'm in a really crappy mood right now so I won't respond like I'd like to. You people love blow me away sometimes.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/9/05 1:42pm
Msg #64385

Go ahead, let it out. If you wanna rip me a new one for trying to be helpful I certainly can handle it. I've seen people do the same thing on the board before so I figured a little information couldn't hurt.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.