Notary Rotary
Lenders First Choice
Notary Discussion History

Lenders First Choice
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/3/05 12:58am
Msg #63595

Lenders First Choice

I accepted an assignment from them today @3:00 pm for an edoc signing @6:30 pm. I called the client to confirm.I received two other calls for this evening after they e mailed me a confirmation which I turned down as the Lenders First Choice job was 60 miles from my home and the other parties were not flexible with scheduling. At 5:30pm I called Lenders First Choice to check on the status of the docs. I
was then informed (with giggling by Tiffany) that the client was faxed the Hud and did not agree with the #'s and the job was cancelled. Well, I called the client back and she did not even have access to a fax machine and furthermore had never seen a Hud at this point. She then told me that another notary had called her to schedule for the same time about 10 minutes ago. So these nice people @ Lenders First Choice sent me confirmation and did not even bother to call me back to let me know that they'd found a notary who was charging less.In the meantime I could have accepted the other two assignments which were 15 minutes from my home if only they'd been considerate enough to let me know. I am considering to start overbooking like the airlines do since this BS seems to happen more and more. Being a single Mom this stuff really takes a financial hit on the budget. Thanks for letting me vent. I guess good manners are in short supply today.

Reply by Lydia_Fl on 9/3/05 8:37am
Msg #63607

Oh my God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by BeccaWI on 9/3/05 9:35am
Msg #63618

I think I won't accept assignments from them, just for this reason. That is cruel and cold!

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/3/05 10:23am
Msg #63621

I do a lot of work for them and I charge them enough to cover my expenses and profit. Never had this happen to me - Which branch was it that called you? They are in CA, FL, TX as far as I know. I have worked with all of these. They pay immediately after the signing.

Reply by JO_PA on 9/3/05 10:54am
Msg #63628

I naner had a ounce of trouble from them, in fact, they are more than helpful. AND they always pay quickly!

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/3/05 12:36pm
Msg #63637

I would raise hell with them about that......nm

Reply by Teasa Mahar on 9/3/05 1:02pm
Msg #63640

Re: I would raise hell with them about that......nm

I used to do a lot for LFC/CA and they were great and paid fair and timely. I am now getting calls from TX and they laugh when I give me fee, even for email docs. CA never calls anymore. As far as I know they are in CA, CO, FL abd TX. There are a lot of hard lessons in this biz.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 9/3/05 3:59pm
Msg #63651

Re: I would raise hell with them about that......nm

What a bunch of garbage. You should invoice them a cancellation fee. Sure you'll never get it but if enough notaries do when this happens it may become easier to give a cancellation call. But what really irks me is that they hired you and then went shopping for another notary; oh and to then flat our lie to you. What a bunch of garbage. Yep I would be griping about this.

Reply by Lee_AR on 9/3/05 7:31pm
Msg #63667

Speak to Vendor Mgmnt.

Dpn't bother with the Scheduler. Go directly to the top. This is not acceptable behavior and they need to know that you know.

Reply by Donna LaBelle on 9/3/05 10:52pm
Msg #63687

I have been trying to get paid from them, for a signing I did over a month ago. I had left several messages with their accounting department who never returned them,, so then I filed a complaint with the BBB, then I came across an extension for someone else there so I called her and she said I had to fax in my W9 which I did, then I got an answer back from the BBB who says that LFC said that they pay after 90 days, which is ridiculous first of all, and that was never stated to me, and so I am waiting for another response.

Reply by Mark Poliner on 9/5/05 3:52pm
Msg #63789

I charge a $25 no notice cancellation fee.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.