Link to cheapest gas in your town...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Lee_AR on 9/9/05 2:37pm
Msg #64406

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

My good deed for the day... just plug in your zip code. It even has a map!

Reply by Iris_WA on 9/9/05 3:12pm
Msg #64423

Thanks for your good deed! N/M

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/9/05 3:23pm
Msg #64427

Cool! thanx Lee

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 9/9/05 6:19pm
Msg #64457

Wow. look how high NY is!!

Reply by JMLionesse on 9/9/05 8:40pm
Msg #64475

Yeah, I'm in NY...it's been a nightmare here. It was as high as $3.85...thank God it's coming back down again. Never thought I'd say "$3.09 was a good price"...And don't even get me started on what my home heating oil company told me about THOSE prices for this coming winter! YIKES!!!

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/11/05 9:36am
Msg #64657

This may be a very legitimate link, but I'm posting my experience with it. I use Norton Professional and it immediately flags the link and tells me that someone is trying to gain access into my computer and then tells me it is blocking their access. Then the screen goes blank and next a price for a partiicular station comes up with a price of $2.50. I know for a fact that this station is still charging $2.99 as it is only a few blocks from me. I use GasBuddy and even have the link on my site. When using GasBuddy, there is *NO* station listed in the Denver area for under $2.90.

Reply by Lisa Gumowskyj on 9/11/05 12:40pm
Msg #64667

the link was dead on for my area --- we found out Sam's Club is running about 25/30 cents cheaper... friends also said Costco is below $3.00 too... check them out if yours have gas stations attached!

Safeway is also offering 6 cents off if you spend over 30.00 on qualifying purchases... have to have their free Safeway card.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/11/05 7:25pm
Msg #64695

As I said the site may be legitimate. However, on three different machines, Norton told me that *someone* was trying to gain access into one of my ports and blocked their access. The first two times it could have been a fluke and anyone at that time could have been cruising port entries -- but three times for the very same link?--hmmmmm. When I was using a machine without Norton, the link acted strange as soon as I entered a zip code, then the screen went blank and an inaccurate (50 cent) price appeared. For people using the link without firewalls on their computer, just be aware.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.