Notary Rotary
Looking for the right Laser Jet Printer
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Will Hardy on 9/20/05 12:38am
Msg #66117

I have been around as a Morgtage Loan Broker and Loan Officer for many years signing loan docs for my own clients that lenders provided me through various escrow companies. Now that I have become a notary again in Ca, and Loan Signing Agent. I kindly need your help to find a Laser printer with 2 drawers. I have spoken to a few people with 1 drawer and a hand feeder, and they all have said that they use legal for everything. I am a bit old fashion and would like to have the 2 drawer as my professional choice. Can someone help me with my request? Thanks for your help in advance.

Reply by christiSocal on 9/20/05 2:47am
Msg #66125

This has been discussed often, use the search button and try laser and or printer, alot of info will come up. I think the hp 1320tn has the 2 drawers, and I know there are others capable. Smiley

Reply by BobRogers_FL on 9/20/05 6:44am
Msg #66131

I have the HP 1320tn and just love it! It can handle any job they can send your way. It had dual trays for automatic selection of letter and legal. It has duplex for printing on both sides of the paper. It is has PCL 6 and prints perfectly every time. The only negative is the price. I got mine at Office Depot the first of the year with a rebate and final costs to me was around $500.00. Shop around and you can get a good price.

Reply by Nd_WA on 9/20/05 6:48am
Msg #66132

I'd bet you have done your search here and it's still feel like you are walking through the printers isle at a store with different kinds to choose from. Just like any smart consumer you would want to ask yourself these questions:

1.How much do I plan to invest for this piece of equipment?
2.How will this equipment meet (utilize) my business need?
3.How does one brand different from others?
4.How long do I plan to stay in the business?
5.Do I spend less now and upgrade later?

Everyone have their own preference of brand they liked base on experience. But, a printer floor plan is built to function the same way as a computer by means of a processor and installed memory. Performance is determined by its output speed, reliability along with long term consumable factor. Most common small business/home office mid-range printers now have a 133Mhz processor with 16-32MB installed memory and up to 21ppm speed ($300-400).

I owned a Dell 1700 (200Mhz/80MB/25ppm) and an HP 4100 (250Mhz/96MB/25ppm) both with dual tray capability. The 200Mhz+ processors in them make a difference when it comes to printing (edocs) with large PDF image files. I've seen lots of satisfied owners of Brother printer respond to this type of question, but the biggest complaint about Brother printer is its pickiness on the type of paper used. Dell & HP has one thing in common when it comes to compatibility (PCL compliant) is that they both make computers. Older business offices still use HP printers while new ones are flooded with Dell computers/printers.

Do what a smart consumer would (research) and get the bang for your bucks.

Reply by Will_CA on 9/20/05 1:12pm
Msg #66196

Thanks so much Nd_WA…BobRogers FL…and ChristSocal. You are right Nd_WA…I happen to be one that spends analytical time to plan a business call. You guys are terrific, and I appreciate your feedback. Now, I will go out today to see if I can financially meet that challenge. Your feedback is great and in the spirit to which it’s given, makes this forum and the business men and women participating…a class act for number “1”.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.