Notary Rotary
Map on Signing Services
Notary Discussion History

Map on Signing Services
Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by PartikgirlNJ on 9/10/05 8:57am
Msg #64530

Map on Signing Services

I am working my way through the signing services listed under "signing services." Sending emails, filling out applications, faxing W9's ect.( you all know the deal!) However I did notice that on the little map of the USA up on the right hand corner it looks like some of the east coast is blanked out...does this mean no business in certain states on the eastern side of our great country?

Reply by Lee_AR on 9/10/05 9:40am
Msg #64539

Have to admit I don't totally understand your question. But, many Title Co's & SS's only do business in certain areas... are not nationwide. You might send them an email & inquire about business in your state.

Reply by Cyn_NY on 9/10/05 9:44am
Msg #64540

I'm pretty sure that's not what the black on the area of that map means. It looks like Long Island is blacked out, but there are plenty of loans here. I seem to remember that areas not covered by a company are whited out. Best of luck.

Reply by KarenJ_CA on 9/10/05 10:19am
Msg #64544

If the state is colored in blue, it means the company does business in that state. A lot of the signing services are nationwide, so the whole country is blue. Others will show only certain states in blue. I think the "blanked out" part you are referring to is just the way the map was drawn and nothing more.

Reply by Les_CO on 9/10/05 11:08am
Msg #64556

There are some States that require an Attorney to "close" RE documents/Loans. Others that require the ( What we call the Signing Agent notary) closer to be employed by a Title Company (Have an Insurance license) being "just a notary" it not enough everywhere.

Reply by PartikgirlNJ on 9/10/05 5:56pm
Msg #64591

People I thank you for all your answers. I thought it might be just be a matter of shading. I do understand that some companies are nation and some or local. Before I send anything out
1. I check out the web site
2. If they are local to my area I send out my resume via email with a nice little sentence.
3. If they are nationwide I send out my resume via email with a nice little sentence
4. If they are not national and not in my area they get nothing. I figure it's their loss.
5. When I finish one list of signing services then I go in search of another and start all over again.

I have been in this business for a few years now but have never really concentrated on making it a full time business. I am getting ready to retire (very early let me tell you!) and thought it was time to learn learn learn and market market market. So far so good but it can only get better if I spend good quality time on my now new small business.

Thanks again Guys you are wonderful.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.