Notary Rotary
Maryland E&O Insurance Question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by MDNotary on 9/14/05 2:22pm
Msg #65183

For all you Maryland notaries/real estate closing officers...I have a question in regards to the E&O insurance we need to carry. Is the E&O insurance that is offerred on the National Notary Association's website applicable to us since we have to have the title liscense?

I am asking because I just got my surety bond and the insurance company said that the E&O insurance offerred for notary's will not cover us. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!
SYM

Reply by name on 9/14/05 2:27pm
Msg #65185

Re: TN E&O Insurance Question

I am curious about E&O for Abstractor's? Does our E&O insurance cover me if I start doing title search?
I will be calling the company to find out but just wondering if anyone has both coverages.
Knoxville, TN

Reply by Genkichan on 9/14/05 3:26pm
Msg #65208

No, regular Notary E&O Insurance from the NNA does not cover you as a title producer. You need a general business liability policy with a notary rider on it. Go back to Chesapeake Insurance in Annapolis, MD and spend more money to cover yourself.

Vicki/MD

Reply by JD_inMD on 9/14/05 3:46pm
Msg #65212

Chesapeake recommended to me that I should get a title E & O policy with a limit of $250,000

Reply by Sherri McDonald on 9/14/05 11:34pm
Msg #65291

Yes they recommended that to me as well. The premium for that ranges from $700-$750. The surety bond through them cost $525.

SYM

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.