Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
More fun with SOX (Sign on the X, if you're stupid!)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Scott_IN on 9/19/05 12:01pm
Msg #66011

Just wanted to post a little story about the fun I had with SOX on Friday. They called me and said they had a signing they wanted me to do in a very RURAL area here in Indiana. I said, I would, but it's hard to get there, and it would be like a 80 mile round trip for me, so it wouldn't be cheap. They said ok, we will pay you $125. I said, sorry, can't do it any cheaper than $150. (this includes eDocs). So lady says, let me see if I can get it approved and I'll call you back. So maybe half hour later, she calls and says ok, it's approved for $150. Well, I'm on my way to another signing, so I don't have access to my email. Saturday morning (day I"m supposed to print docs and drive to the BOONIES) I get a confirmation email from SOX. Confirmation email is for $65. WHAT A JOKE, I DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER CALLING THEM. Will they ever learn? I hope this little example helps others learn. We must not work with companies like this that use and abuse us! And even if I had printed Docs, drove 80 miles, and sent the docs back, I"m sure I would have to beg them for payment 2 or 3 months down the line, like the last time I worked for them. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again will I even consider working with them. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME, I SUGGEST YOU DON'T WORK WITH THEM EITHER. I do feel sorry for the borrower that needs to get their docs signed.

Reply by Teasa Mahar on 9/19/05 12:10pm
Msg #66013

My question is, what title cos. and/or lenders hire this ss. Hasn't anyone that has signed for SOX ever complained to them. Or don't they care as they get the stuff done so cheap, or as it sounds like get paid at all.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/19/05 12:57pm
Msg #66016

"I hope this little example helps others learn. We must not work with companies like this that use and abuse us!"

"I"m sure I would have to beg them for payment 2 or 3 months down the line, like the last time I worked for them"

You didn't learn from your own personal experience with them a couple of months earlier, but now you're warning the rest of us? Priceless.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/19/05 5:12pm
Msg #66067

SIGNING COMPANIES LIKE THIS ARE GENERALLY THE SAME QUALITY AS R THE LENDERS.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 9/19/05 7:26pm
Msg #66085

I wonder why you were even were willing to work for them at all (knowing what you did?) $150 for e-docs 80 miles R/T is way too low imho

Reply by Anonymous on 10/28/05 3:17pm
Msg #72906

More fun with SOX (you're stupid!)

yes, I am choosing to stay anon! Scott, you are a real classy notary & I am so thrilled that you are out there representing the notary profession! OF COURSE I'M NOT SERIOUS!!! what do you have to gain from stranding brwrs & Lenders & everyone else involved? WHy don't you be a normal person & say no to them if you don't want to work woth them? Did the girl that called you for the signing sound too cute to pass up? You know that she wasn't calling you to go out w/ her right? Grow up & stop bragging about making us look like a bunch of morones please! You just gave that Lender, that Title Co & YES even that SS a reason to not take us serious & you are proud of it. Wow, everyone, please tell me you do not follow this kind of practice!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.