Notary Rotary
NATIONAL REAL ESTATE INFORMATION SERVICES
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/2/05 1:39pm
Msg #63518

DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THEIR POLICY IN NOT USING NOTARIES THAT HAVE MSN/HOTMAIL ACCOUNTS ?

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM THEM ASKING TO TAKE AN ASSIGNMENT , I ACCEPTED AND TOLD THEM MY E-MAIL AND THEY SAID WE DON'T ACCEPT MSN/HOTMAIL/AOL YOU NEED TO USE YAHOO.

ANY COMMENTS APPRECIATED.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/2/05 1:48pm
Msg #63519

I just accepted an assignment from them. It must be new Because I always used aol.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/2/05 1:50pm
Msg #63520

this has been over they past few days it started about a week ago

Reply by Anonymous on 9/2/05 3:12pm
Msg #63529

it's a joke because they CAN email docs to

aol/hotmail,etc. When they couldn't seem to get them delivered to MY company website they sent them through aol and not ever a problem. And it's started more than a week ago, because I had them tell me that 2 months or so ago the first time. They now send me via aol so don't let them bullshit you, they can and do send to those accounts.
I think it's a power trip...they seem to have that attitude when you talk with them. I've never had a problem and they obviously use me often but I think they try to use a sales technique that starts with, bully them over stupid things and eventually you'll work them enough that they won't fight you over fees when they start lowering them.

jmo

Reply by Anonymous on 9/2/05 4:13pm
Msg #63539

Re: it's a joke because they CAN email docs to

your absolutely correct.....when I spoke to MR Love the manager of the schduling dept and told him it was a user issue not a service issue his reply was " it's a business decession thats the end of it"

Reply by Airborne on 9/2/05 4:11pm
Msg #63537

I guess I do not understand the issue totaly. If they want you to have a yahoo account what is the big deal, its free, and they called you to do an assignment.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/2/05 4:12pm
Msg #63538

Yahoo is a problem site with lots of spam ware on it.

Reply by Airborne on 9/2/05 5:26pm
Msg #63551

So,
I guess if you want to work you can put up with a little spam on an account that you would only use for NREIS loans, does not seem to be a big deal to me.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 9/2/05 5:50pm
Msg #63556

Why bother...

Obviously, it's not worth registering with this service or accepting signings from them. Who needs the hassel?

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/2/05 6:49pm
Msg #63567

MaggieMae...

Is business still going well for you?

I noticed a big rise in June, way down in July, better in August. This month is starting off okay.

Reply by TCMN on 9/2/05 10:52pm
Msg #63587

Airborne and Brenda...

Airborne -

I think what they mean is that we jump through hoops already why have to get ANOTHER email account and remember more passwords and have to check another location for docs and why bother having to look at every email account to see where the docs are coming to and what do you list on the sites you are registered with? And why use more than one email and then you have to remember that should you get that yahoo account now take the time to let everyone you already do business with your new email address to use and don't delete the old one for awhile if you do decide to just use the new one.

Brenda -

I'm very busy. May was incredible and then June & July were slower but still well above average and then Aug just blew my world out of the water. Had I not had a business trip that I needed to take I would've done even more...but I did turn down quite a bit. Should I been able to take what I turned away, I would've added another $1800-2500 to my month. I think things are going to change a lot with the tragedy in New Orleans though.

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/3/05 10:38am
Msg #63623

about hotmail and msn accounts

Maybe it has to do with the size of the free accounts and how often they have gotten the edocs kicked back.

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/3/05 10:40am
Msg #63626

TCMN

**I think things are going to change a lot with the tragedy in New Orleans though. **

Yes, I can see things slowing a bit because of people being distracted by this terrible situation. What else am I missing? I don't claim to be an economics wizard. Smiley

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 9/3/05 12:59pm
Msg #63638

Hi Brenda

Business is going very well here I'm happy to report. I haven't been on the board much because of how busy I've been. I was away the last week of July and the first week of August. Even still, in July I made my personal goal and in August I went over my monthly goal by $600 so I'm as happy as a clam!

I've picked up a couple of new SS this month and I received a bonus from one of the companies I work for. They received an email from the client stating how professional I was and how I went above and beyond the call of duty for their signing.

I'm trying to get my 18 year old into the business with me, but he's busy with school and working full time. I've partnered up with another notary who is in North County and I've been referring signings to a notary local to me and to the gal in North County.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/3/05 6:12pm
Msg #63657

Maggie Mae...

Never got that email you threatened. Good for you about the new business. Seems like lately I've had to fight for every cent from SS who are late/inexcusable on the phone for reasons in late payment...even had one SS that was 65 days tell me I was rude. Me? They're the ones that don't have their act together...

Thanks to all who post their collection tips, without the search feature and those posts I tend to be too much of a 'nice guy'.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.