Notary Rotary
National Settlement Services...CO
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by jb_CA on 9/8/05 12:04pm
Msg #64197

Any recent info. on this company? I did a search and not much came up on them. TIA

Reply by Teasa Mahar on 9/8/05 12:06pm
Msg #64198

I think they use Lenders First Choice notary database. I did one for them. Paid fair and timely.

Reply by jb_CA on 9/8/05 12:16pm
Msg #64200

Thank you Teasa!! This is for a couple I have signed before and they refered me, so I wanted some feedback before I went any further.

Reply by shan_CT on 9/8/05 1:24pm
Msg #64216

Just did one for them the other day. Havent gotten paid yet, obviously, but I have to say the people who I worked with were great! They were all so helpful and very nice with any questions I had. Would definately recommend and I would love to do more work for them.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 9/8/05 3:46pm
Msg #64244

Really great people to work with. Only problem I've had is the time it takes for them to come through on the eDocs. (I know, poop runs downhill and they are getting the docs from someone else so it's not their fault.) The signings I've done for them have always involved late eDocs. If the closing is scheduled for 2 p.m., they get me the docs to print at 2 p.m. I've learned to lie and/or reschedule with the borrower. I'll tell them that the 2 p.m. closing has been changed to 1 p.m. or I'll change the closing to 5 p.m.

I don't mine being late for the borrower they send me too when the eDocs come late, I just don't like inconveniencing the borrowers scheduled for later in that day.

Interesting thing with NSS' is that I've had one of their lender's office call me directly to schedule the closing and offer me more money. Everything (eDocs and whatever else NSS does) was being done by NSS. I spoke with one of the schedulers and he said don't sweat it and to take the extra money and the assignment and not to worry about NSS. This particular lender is very fussy about the notaries and will only work with certain ones and NSS would rather accommodate this particular lender instead of losing them demanding they go through NSS for the assignment of notaries.

This lender is pretty fickle. If they call me for a 2 p.m. closing, they expect me to change my schedule to accommodate them. I stopped receiving calls from them because I've declined them a few times because I was previously booked. They always call for same day closings. Go figure.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.