New Oregon Notary -- seeking part time work in Portland Area
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/11/05 6:49pm
Msg #64692

Hello All
I am a new Notary and seeking some part time work in Portland Metro Area of Hillsboro Beaverton, Tigard, Bethany etc. I am very good at Documentation work and expert in using technology. I have all office equipments available at my home including digital camera and laptop. I have genguine interest in real estate and learning about appraisals. Please let em know if any of you in this area is seeking an assistant.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/11/05 7:11pm
Msg #64694

This is not a job-hunting forum, per se. Lose the Anonymous handle and use your profile for posting your qualifications.

Is everyone else as tired of MANY MORE Anonymous postings since Harry has required us to sign on? Three steps forward and seven back, IMO.

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 9/11/05 7:40pm
Msg #64696

You might want to go to a board for appraisals
like: http://www.appraisaltoday.com/appr__online.htm
this can be very useful

good luck with this

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/11/05 8:29pm
Msg #64699

To say it mildly, please tell us who you are, allow the link to your profile, and I think you will find more people responsive to assisiting you. Many do not respond to the anonymous posts, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt this time.

Reply by BLE on 9/11/05 9:11pm
Msg #64701

You just need to choose a moniker. Don't worry about profile links for posting. I've been on the board for quite a while...never have had my profile linked.

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/11/05 10:20pm
Msg #64710

Re: New Oregon Notary -- Everyone has an Opinion

But some of us are in a position to provide work for you as some of us do have assignments in your area. If you prefer, you can link to my e-mail address and contact me if that makes easier for you. There are some signing services that watch the board. When there is an oppurtunity to provide work for someone who offers the information via a link, it makes it possible for the SS to contact you. Leave it; don't leave it; just let it be your decision.

As you can see, everyone has a different opinion, which is what makes for a plethora of information from which you can learn.

Reply by Rashmi Bhatla on 9/11/05 9:39pm
Msg #64706

Thanks to all of you for giving a positive response. Presently I have a basic membership of this talk forum ---- and I will check how to get full membership. My E-Mail Address is as follows
[e-mail address]- I live in Hillsboro area --- Please let me know if any experienced professionals in this forum are looking for people like me.

Reply by Wendy Palmer on 9/11/05 10:07pm
Msg #64707

I am sorry that so many of the responders to your post only complained as opposed to answering your questions. I do not know of anyone in particular looking to train appraisers, however, I do know very well Mr. Grecco at Northwest Notary Network out of Portland. They pay alright ($60+ for over night) not great, but timely and if you establish yourself they will pay more. Their primary market is the Oregon/Washington areas. Their contact number is 503-243-5610.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/11/05 11:07pm
Msg #64715

Why are you sorry?

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/11/05 11:08pm
Msg #64716

Re: Why are you sorry? - oops

At the top of every page in the discussion forum it states:

"Please use this forum to discuss notarial procedures, share experiences, ask questions of your peers, etc. Please avoid the advertising of your services - that's what your profile is for."

We have every right to criticize this post instead of offering help. It doesn't belong on this board.

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 9/11/05 11:20pm
Msg #64719

upbuilding thought

You are correct you can criticize however you would like. Just because you can does not mean you should. Who has the time to be that wrapped up in such sport.

Better to spend it being productive and not demeaning others.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/11/05 11:55pm
Msg #64723

Re: upbuilding thought

well if others would follow the clearly stated rules of the board, we wouldn't have to criticize them to begin with, would we. Why don't we just let everyone post their advertisements on the board? That would make for some fascinating reading I'm sure.

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 9/12/05 12:07am
Msg #64725

Notary Rotary Announcements

Notary Rotary Announcements
msg #33

There are many rules on this board, might want to brush up on them

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/12/05 3:14am
Msg #64732

Re: Notary Rotary Announcements

ok, the post you referred us to clearly states NO ADVERTISING, so why exactly are you being critical of those who pointed this out to the original poster?

Reply by Barry Silver on 9/12/05 12:22am
Msg #64726

Re: upbuilding thought

I couldn't agree more! Thank you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.